What Is Simply Well And Why Did I Create It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

I’ve officially almost reached the two-year mark of my shift to vegetarianism. The decision to change my eating habits was pretty abrupt, as I had no idea what I was doing or what I would eat in place of meat.

People give up meat for many reasons, like to save animals, to take care of the planet, or simply for health reasons. I was aware of these reasons and I, personally, began this journey for all of which I recognized above. In previous articles, I mentioned I was enrolled in a nutrition class during my freshman year of college. While we learned about different nutrients and how they function, we also learned about heart disease, different cancers, and what causes them. This encouraged me to not only change my eating habits but also my lifestyle. I grew aware of things that my prior ignorant-self had failed to recognize.

Ever since taking that class, I’ve wanted to educate everyone I know about everything I learned. The summer following my freshman year, I began to introduce new foods, meals, and recipes to my family and friends. I also began to be more physically active. My new dietary restrictions and physical activity became things I truly looked forward to. It was all so exciting to me because I knew I was growing towards a healthier future self. Not only that but everything I was doing, whether it was eating healthy or working out, were things that instantaneously made me feel good!

While I really enjoy sharing everything I have learned with friends and family, I’ve been wanting to create my own outlet. I wanted this outlet to be a place where I could inform and inspire people, while also having a place to log my health and wellness journey.

That being said, I finally created a blog to share my journey with everyone, called Simply Well! From healthy (and yummy) food to self-care practices, and even a little fitness inspiration, I share things that I bring joy to my everyday life, so that maybe others can to. While there is an Instagram (@_simplywell), I also have an actual blog site that accompanies it.

I hope I can encourage others to live a life they are proud of. I hope to remind others that their lives are in their OWN hands and that their life is ENTIRELY up to them. I hope the blog I’ve created can inspire people to live a life that’s authentic and real!

The health and wellness scene is something we should ALL engage in, even in the slightest bit. Our bodies do so much for us and we should say thank you by taking care of them, too. 

Having just transferred to Pace University, I am beyond grateful and excited to finally be living in New York City pursuing not only a Communication Studies major and a double minor in Digital Media Studies and Journalism, but also my life long dream of working for the media. I have a huge appreciation for music as well as photography, and wish to see as much of the world as humanly possible! I cannot wait to see what this life has to offer me.