The Truth About Ramen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.
  1. Although it is one of Japan’s staple foods Ramen originated in China
  2. There was a black market for Ramen during WWII
  3. The first Instant Ramen was considered a luxury item
  4. Rame is the Japanese pronunciation of the Chinese word lamein
  5. There are over 22 styles of Ramen in Japan
  6. Instant Ramen was invented by Momofuku Andu
  7. The noodle length of a pack of instant Ramen is 51 meters
  8. Kansui is the magical ingredient that gives Ramen it’s yellow color
  9. Instant Ramen was introduced in Japanese supermarkets in 1958
  10. Ramen is the top selling product in Riker’s Island Jail 

Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!