Street Art in Lower Manhattan You MUST Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Exploring the city is a unique experience because it is riddled with admirable art everywhere you turn.

Here are a few of my favorite art pieces that I’ve encountered outside of a museum:

1. Good Vibes Wall

Astor Place is only a few stops away on the R train towards 8th street, where the mural temporarily stands. Other than stumbling upon the most interesting ice cream parlors in the neighborhood, you’ll spot Loft’s Good Vibes Wall. The street art is a colorful compilation of positive adjectives that Loft wants to advertise to its audience.

Chris Uphue, the inspirational artist behind this mural, not only captures the attention of people passing by and stopping to observe his piece, but their sentiment at that moment. The next time you stop for a coffee break at the Starbucks on Astor Place, walk across Lafayette Street and find the right word for your optimist feeling. Be sure to share it on social media with the hashtag, #LoveLoft. 2. Mosaic Trail

Along some of the street corners at Astor Place, there are peculiar looking poles decorated with tiny glass tiles. They wrap around the entire pole and give it a special touch that makes it stand out amongst the plain poles on the street. Its intricacy and reflective design is beautiful and eye catching.

Curious as to how they started? They are part of the Mosaic Man’s -Jim Power’s- Mosaic Trail, a classic art contribution to the East Village. The 35 years of mosaic beauty has an incredible legacy admired by many. If you happen to be on the trail, make sure to stop and show some love at the Astor Place location.

3: #DiorLoveChain Campaign

Walking back to Pace from SoHo is a quick 25 minutes. During that time, you will stumble upon the cutest cafés and bougie restaurants. But, what about some food for thought during your stroll? Dior makes sure their audience is thinking about more than amorous quests with this compelling mural.

They are currently running a campaign with efforts to generate various resources for people across the nation, through the We Movement. So the next time you’re strolling home from SoHo, make sure to walk down Thompson Street to find Dior’s hidden question. Use the hashtag, #DiorLoveChain to help inspire change.

Hey!   I am a student and a Campus Trendsetter at one of the Big Apple's coolest campus (Pace University)! I love hiking during the summer and exploring the city on my free time, along with Yelping on the coolest restaurants around the country. Although the Golden Coast is where home is at, taking on the "City that never sleeps" has become my latest adventure!