Snapshot: Keg No.229

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

It’s always helpful to have a few local spots on hand for when friends and family come to visit. I’ve gradually eaten my way through FiDi over the past four years and have found a handful of Instagram worthy spots. Most recently, I had brunch at Keg No.229, located at 229 Front Street at South Street Seaport. They’re open from 11:30 AM to 12:00 AM, Monday through Sunday. 

I ordered the Deep Fried Poached Eggs for $16. This dish was made up of two deep-fried poached eggs, served with sauteed spinach and cheesy grits. I’ve never had deep-fried eggs before, nor was I aware that you could fry eggs but, these were some of the best I’ve ever had. The spinach and grits complimented the main focus of the dish perfectly and although it appeared small, I could barely finish! My entree also came with a complimentary brunch cocktail! 

My boyfriend had the Mac ‘N Cheese, deep fried and served with chipotle mayo and the Honey Bourbon BBQ wings served with ranch. The total being $23 dollars for both of these dishes. 

Overall, Keg No.229 is a great local spot to hit for brunch, dinner, or a quick beer. I enjoyed the food as it was flavorful and filling. Although it is on the pricer side, I justified it because of my complimentary brunch cocktail and it’s close location to school!