This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Name: Rachel Melamudov

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communications Sciences and Disorder

Hometown: “I grew up in Marlboro, New Jersey but I was born in Brooklyn.”

Since being a transfer sophomore, has your reality exceeded your expectations now being at Pace and living in New York City? “I felt like I would be making the wrong decision by switching schools. I kept thinking to myself, ‘did I make the right decision?’ A lot of faculty at my old school thought that once you picked a school, that was it since the faculty judges millennial’s for switching schools. I don’t think I have to show loyalty to a school if I don’t see value in staying there if it won’t advance me in my career. I was worried with spending so much money, if the experience would pay off. I think so far, transferring has paid off and it’s in the city I’ve always loved.”

What do you hope to accomplish before graduating Pace? “Academically, I do hope to make the Dean’s List constituently and to keep it up till I graduate. Also, maybe get an executive position on an organization that I am apart of, like an e-board position.”

What clubs are you affiliated with now at Pace? “Mock Trial.”

You are a world traveler. Where has been your favorite place to explore and why?  “Japan all the way. I’ve been to a lot of areas in Europe and the culture starts to feel the same with the architecture and the food. Japan was just a culture shock. It was a country I always wanted to visit for years. It was seven cities in two weeks and everything about the place, the people, the food, was amazing.”

Fun fact: “The best hug I ever got was from 50 Cent.”

What’s your favorite drink? “Arizona Green Tea Ginseng and Honey”

Finally, what is the last song played on your Spotify or Apple Music playlist?  “We Didn’t Start the Fire by Billy Joel”

Hey everyone! My name is Ariana Gavriilidis. I am from a small town in New Jersey and I now reside in New York City! I am earning a Bachelor of Arts from Pace University in Communications with a Concentration in Media, Communications, and Visual Arts. I also have a minor in Arts and Entertainment Management. In my spare time I enjoy photography, working out, and seeing as many movies as possible! I am excited to be apart of Her Campus as writing has always been my passion. Make sure to check out my articles as well as my radio show, Winging it with Ariana, where I have new episodes every Tuesday! https://www.mixcloud.com/WIWARIANA/
Hi! My name is Jacqueline and I am a senior communication studies major with minors in business and women and gender studies at Pace University. I am the president / campus correspondent for the Her Campus Pace Chapter and the president of the production club PopTV. I am a Hufflepuff and lover of all things Harry Potter! Also, I am a HUGE Marvel fan! When I am not writing and leading Her Campus, I like to spend my time reading, watching Netflix, and singing every song that comes on Spotify.