This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

My friend and I attend different universities here in New York City, and we try to hang out as much as possible on weekends. When we get together, we always look for new places to eat. One weekend, we discovered a cafe called Outro, located at 816 Broadway in Union Square. This spot serves different types of brunch-style meals. What could be better than that?

The atmosphere at Outro is cozy and welcoming and is a great place to chill and chat with friends. I also discovered that it’s a great place to get homework done, and have gone back by myself to do just that. My favorite meals to order are the strawberry tiramisu waffle, or the Nutella strawberry and banana waffle, with a latte. However, if you’re someone who doesn’t have the same sweet tooth as me, Outro has plenty of savory dishes that will satisfy you.

While there is a decent amount of seating, with a backyard area being open only in summer months, during some parts of the day, it could be more difficult to find seats. If you’re someone who is looking for a cool place to hang out with friends, or a place to concentrate in order to do some homework, I would definitely recommend Outro!

Hi! My name is Elizabeth Byington and I am a Junior at Pace University majoring in Psychology and minoring in Communication Studies. My favorite part of going to Pace is living in the city, since there is always something happening! My favorite things to do in the city are going to SoHo, seeing Broadway shows, and trying new restaurants as much as I can. On my free time I like to read, write, and catch up on Netflix shows.