photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

My Fall Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Looking for some inspiration this fall? Over the past couple of weeks, I have grown to fall in love with these five things I like to call my Fall essentials

1. Music

Before you start listening to these songs, make sure to grab a warm mug of hot chocolate, sit by the fireplace and immerse yourself in the most aesthetically pleasing season known as Fall.

Sleep On The Floor by The Lumineers

Mess Is Mine by Vance Joy

33 “GOD” by Bon Iver

Trouble Town by Hudson Taylor

Down In The Valley by The Head and the Heart

For No One by Houndmouth

The Breach by Dustin Tebbutt

Hello My Old Heart by The Oh Hellos

Sloom by Of Monsters and Men

Breakers by Local Natives

Fables by Cris Cab

Banner (Acoustic) by Lights

White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes

Another Story by The Head and the Heart

The Fear by Ben Howard

The Cave by Mumford & Sons

1. A Healthy Snack

Trying to find the perfect mid-afternoon snack before running to your next class? My go-to is Mary’s Gone Crackers! Not only are they organic, gluten free, non-GMO AND vegan, but they also come in multiple different flavors and pair really well with any hummus of your choice.

1. Warm Beverages

I am no avid-coffee drinker, but when I’m in the occasional mood for a delicious, warm beverage as I’m about to start my homework, I like to grab a hot Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato from Starbucks. (HINT: Even though it’s no longer on the menu, the baristas will still make it for you!) With the warm mocha, caramel and white chocolate tastiness, there’s no shot you won’t love this drink, especially during this season!

1. A Cup of Green Tea Once a Day

Like I said before, I am no avid-coffee drinker. Instead, what I like, is a daily cup of Green Tea with about a tablespoon of agave as a natural sweetener. Although it does not have the same caffeine affects as coffee, it’s health benefits totally make up for it in the end, leaving you with a whole bunch of antioxidants!

1. Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World by William H. McRaven

If you are looking for some inspiration and motivation this season, let the #1 New York Times Bestseller, keep you driven on a day to day basis. This man tells his incredible story and everything he has learned about life while being trained for Navy SEAL. As McRaven proves in his book, making your bed first thing in the morning is only just the beginning to everything else you can accomplish that day.

Having just transferred to Pace University, I am beyond grateful and excited to finally be living in New York City pursuing not only a Communication Studies major and a double minor in Digital Media Studies and Journalism, but also my life long dream of working for the media. I have a huge appreciation for music as well as photography, and wish to see as much of the world as humanly possible! I cannot wait to see what this life has to offer me.