This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

As a makeup junkie, I am always on the hunt for the next best product! I spend hours on YouTube looking up reviews and watching my favorite vloggers to see what they recommend. However, if you want your makeup to look effortlessly flawless, you need to have a skincare routine that will not only recover damaged skin but will prevent breakouts, even skin tone, and overall, protect your skin.

Here, I will share my skincare routine that I do every night/morning:

1. The first step is to properly cleanse your face; make sure you have no lingering make up. I start off by washing my face with warm water and pure coconut oil. I have a difficult time taking my mascara/eyeliner off, so I also use Neutrogena’s Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover as added help. Next, I use a cleanser and apply the product to a facial cleaning brush (I use one by Proactive). My favorite cleaner is the Purifying Face Wash by Renee Rouleau ($34.50) because it is gentle enough to use every day, and makes my skin feel amazing!
  2. Step two involves using a toner to remove any leftover dirt that your cleanser did not pick up. I use the Fine Finish Pore-Celain Effect Mattifier for Oily Skin by VMV Hypoallergenics ($29.00). Drugstore toners work just as well as high-end toners, so it really is up to you!
  3. Step three is to apply eye cream. Eye cream is essential in preventing wrinkles, dark circles, and eliminating puffiness. My absolute favorite is the Renee Rouleau Vitamin C Eye Brightener ($59.50).
  4. Step four, I apply a serum and moisturizer to my face and neck. I use the Belif Peat Miracle Revital Serum Concentrate ($60.00) and the Belif Classic Essence Increment ($46.00). Quick tip – as a woman with oily skin, I used to skip moisturizing but I learned over time that not using a moisturizer will only cause the skin to produce more oil.
  5. Step five, the last in my skincare routine, is to apply a serum to my eyebrows and eyelashes. I use GrandeBROW ($70.00) and GrandeLASH MD ($65.00). Although these products are pricier than other retailers, I HIGHLY recommend them. I saw an extreme difference in my brows and lashes in just two months!

*Once a week, I will also incorporate a face mask. Elf’s Gentle Peeling Exfoliator ($10.00) is a serious game changer! The product can be applied directly on dry skin and works to remove dead skin. I love this exfoliator because it’s not too harsh on my face, but the results are immediate.

I hope this guide helps you achieve #skingoals! Of course, you don’t have to use the products I have listed, drugstore brands can be just as effective as higher end brands. These products are just some of my favorites!