Late 20th Century Must-Watch Films

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Throughout this past year, I’ve become a huge fan of watching films from the late 20th century. I love seeing famous actors and actresses we know today, like Robert De Niro and Meryl Streep, in their younger years. Kick off summer with one of the star-studded films listed below!

1. The First Wives Club (1996)

Three women, portrayed by Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler, and Diane Keaton join forces to plot revenge on their ex-husbands.

2. Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)

There’s no question this film is a tearjerker. After Meryl Streep’s character, Joanna Kramer, leaves her husband, the two are brought to a custody battle over their son.

3. Baby Boom (1987)

New York businesswoman, J.C. Wiatt’s, life is turned around after she is given a baby following the death of a distant relative. While she is unsure as to whether or not she is ready to take on the responsibilities of motherhood, she learns to love her inherited daughter, Elizabeth, and their new life together.

4. The Bridges of Madison County (1995)

Housewife, Francesca Johnson, lives a calm, reserved life with her family in Iowa. When her husband and children leave to attend the state fair for the week, she finds herself  falling in love with a town visitor.

5. Marvin’s Room (1996)

After hearing that her sister Bessie has leukemia, estranged sister Lee and her ragtag family, make their way down to Florida to see if her sons are a match for Bessie’s necessary bone marrow transplant.  

Hi! I'm Kate, and I'm a junior at New York University majoring in English.
Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!