The Inside Scoop on College Fashion Week NYC 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

I feel bad for anyone who didn’t make it out this past Saturday to College Fashion Week NYC. Held at Metropolitan West, hundreds of collegiate dressed to impress for a night of free goodies, drinks and above all – fashion. Primark, PopSugar, Ulta Beauty, Bed Head by TIGI, and It Cosmetics, were just some of the sponsored brands that you found in your goodie bag.

The atmosphere was pumping with energy and bumping music. Guests could make their way through the venue space popping in and out of vendors freely. Most booths had great Instagram worthy backgrounds and wonderful promos exclusively for CFW guests. There were free products from Shake Shack, Boxed Water, and Bed Head by TIGI.

(President Cas on the left and Secretary Nicole on the right showing off their outfits!)

Guests were able to enjoy the vendors in between fashion shows. One inspiring aspect of the shows was the local collegiate who doubled as models on the runway that evening. Each model brought their own flavor to their walk.

Bed Head by TIGI set up an ingenious hair clinic. You would first meet with a hair specialist and discuss your biggest problems with your hair. They would fill out a detailed prescription card on how to turn your hair problems around! Along with your prescription they gave out one full size, yes I’ll say it again for the people in the back, full size, product. I was gift Queen for a Day because I need volume! Live artists were there to sketch your look on iPads and give you a print! How cute! I absolutely loved how mine came out and how personalized this treat was.

Other stations included Ulta’s makeover station where they were amping up willing ladies’ looks. A series of giveaways went on all which featured top of the line beauty products. Unfortunately I did not win any giveaways but I walked out with an insane amount of new beauty products, adorable photo prints and an exclusive look at the upcoming fashion season. 

(President Cas posing with some CFW goodies!) ​

Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!