etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Hot Spot: Pier 2 Brooklyn Bridge Park

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Looking for a fun new place to go? Somewhere with fresh air to get you out of the hustle and bustle of the sidewalks and crowded buildings? The Brooklyn Bridge Park is perfect! Just a short subway ride away, nestled right on the pier, is the perfect date night with your honey or day with your friends. Day or night, you can see the Manhattan skyline perfectly from the pier (Perfect for Instagram pictures!). Very romantic, especially at night. A walk across the water and a kiss under the stars is a picturesque date. 

There is every sport you can think of plus a roller skating rink that runs from April to the end of September! Whether you want to play on a recreational roller hockey league or just have some fun skating around it’s a fun time. When I went with my friends, it was a blast, even after a few wobbles and falls. It’s a steal with admission being free and skate rental is only $6! 

With five basketball courts, a wall ball, bocce ball, soccer, and shuffleboard court, there is something for everyone. Not to mention a workout space with equipment including some ADA accessible workout gear! Great for all seasons, especially the free kayaking in the summer! Visit here as soon as you can for a great New York City getaway!

I am an elementary education and special education major with a minor in psychology at Pace University. I love singing, playing the guitar reading, writing, shopping, and eating. My dream in the world is to help kids with special needs and be there beacon of hope as well as to travel a lot to see what the world has to offer!