Here’s What You Need to Know About Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

On March 8th, we celebrate International Women’s Day. This day is special because we come together and honor women all around the world. Women are exceptional in every way. Here is a list of what you should know about us.

1.We are FIGHTERS

Joan of Arc, Queen Elizabeth, Pocahontas, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, Hellen Keller, Eleanor Roosevelt and many more amazing warriors. All of these women fought for a better future and a better society. They fought for change. Through their efforts we can see the real power that women have.

2.We are ARTISTS

Writers, actresses, politicians, dancers, scientists, performers, doctors, speakers, painters and lawyers – women are not only muses but also artists. Creators of our own art and different kinds of lifestyles. We have a special rhythm that makes us unique in every job and hobby. We set our own pace. We craft and mold the world in our own way.

3.We are STRONG

History shows how women have been diminished, ignored, and belittled for centuries. Nonetheless, we are still standing. We are still strong even if circumstances are not always in our favor. We remain strong even if society tries to weaken us.

4.We have FEELINGS

We get picked on because we “feel to much”. Guess what? That makes us even more amazing. We show sensibility to the world, we have compassion, we care, we love, that’s our nature and that’s what society needs.

5. We are WISE

Your mother’s advice is the best advice. Who do you come to when you are having trouble? Most likely you turn to a significant female figure. Women are wise for the simple fact that they are listeners. They hear you out, understand you and help you with whatever you may be dealing with.

6.We have FAULTS

Even though women have so many incredible qualities, we also have our faults… and that’s okay. We are not perfect, neither are men, never have been never will be. However, our faults makes us stronger.

7.We are HUMANS.

Your mom, your sister, your girlfriend, your girl best friend and all the women around the world are humans. Don’t forget that. We are the same as men. We are equal. We all are humans.

This is only a reminder of how proud I am of being a woman and how far along we have come. I do know that there are many challenges that women are facing in the world but I believe that a better future is coming for us. We need to stand tall and proud, us women are stronger together.

Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!