Heather Brown (’16)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Name: Heather Brown

Year: Senior (’16)

Major(s): Double Major in Marketing and Arts & Entertainment Management

What extracurricular activities are you involved in on campus? “At Pace University, I am involved in The Industry Network for Arts and Entertainment, a professional organization that creates a community for students interested in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry. We provide collaboration opportunities for students to meet and work on projects together as well as lecture series, networking events and conferences for students to meet professionals in the industry to learn from and earn internship and job opportunities. I am also the team leader of One Day Immersion, one of the largest entertainment/media conferences on the East Coast where students will meet-and-greet with industry executives from companies like, Hulu, Comcast, YouTube, NBCUniversal and more. I am an usher at the Schimmel Center for the Arts on campus, and was previously a digital marketing coordinator for our Enrollment Management department.”

What is you favorite thing about being the coordinator of the Arts and Entertainment Management Department? “My favorite thing about being the Student Coordinator of the Arts and Entertainment Management Department is being a liason between the students and the faculty/staff. Making sure their voices are heard and their needs and wants are considered when further developing this young program. I also enjoy researching new internship and job opportunities and professional connections for our Internship Database.”

What internships have you taken? “I have had three internships at Driven Local, a digital advertising firm, Eleven Seven Music Group, and currently at BMG Chrysalis.”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “In five years I would like to be a brand or tour marketing manager at a rock record label.”

What is your favorite memory for your years here at Pace? “My favorite memory at Pace has been my freshman year living on campus. I was really close with the people on my floor and in my building and I couldn’t have asked for a better first year. Everyone was so friendly and I was shy, and it made the transition from home so easy and enjoyable. It shaped who I am as a person today and has made me so much friendly and outgoing.”

Tell us a fun fact about yourself! “Fun Fact?! I am a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do!”

Hi! My name is Jacqueline and I am a senior communication studies major with minors in business and women and gender studies at Pace University. I am the president / campus correspondent for the Her Campus Pace Chapter and the president of the production club PopTV. I am a Hufflepuff and lover of all things Harry Potter! Also, I am a HUGE Marvel fan! When I am not writing and leading Her Campus, I like to spend my time reading, watching Netflix, and singing every song that comes on Spotify.