Five New Releases You Need on Your Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

1. Ed Sheeran – Divide  Ed Sheeran’s long awaited fourth album, Divide, dropped March 3rd, 2017. The album features singles and radio hits, “Castle on the Hill” and “Shape of You’.” Much of his new work embodies an acoustic sound, a fairly new style for Sheeran, you can hear this in songs, ‘Barcelona’ and ‘New Man’. His Irish roots shine through in songs, “Galway Girl” and “Nancy Mulligan.” Divide is streaming now on Spotify and can be purchased on iTunes. 

2. Baynk – Poolside  With spring right around the corner, Baynk’s new single NEEDS to be on your warm weather playlist for the next few months. The Australian artist’s new single hints at a calmer vibe while still sticking with to its techno roots. 

3. LEON – For You (EP) 

Contemporary pop artist LEON has released her new EP titled, For You. A native of Stockholm, Sweden and only 23 years old, Leon has made a name for herself in the indie-pop world with a whopping 2.5 million streams on Spotify. The EP includes four songs, “Liar” and “Sleep Deprived” are representative of a piano ballet and orchestra while “Think About You” and “For You” represents the classic pop sound with a complex harmonic structure. 

4. Green Light by Lorde  It has been four years since Lorde has released new music. Her newly released single, “Green Light”, can be described as the “Friday Night Anthem.” With a completely different sound than Pure Heroine, this single is in direct competition with the other dance hits rolling down the charts. Lorde’s long awaited second album will drop June 16th, titled, Melodrama. 

5. Call Me Out – Sarah Close 

Sarah Close was discovered on YouTube and has released her first single, “Call Me Out” on March 2nd to Spotify and Apple Music. Close is from the U.K. and is sure to take over U.S. top charts with her upbeat, pop single which will definitely be a summer hit. Her EP, Caught Up, comes out April 14th, 2017, be sure to check it out! 

Hey everyone! My name is Ariana Gavriilidis. I am from a small town in New Jersey and I now reside in New York City! I am earning a Bachelor of Arts from Pace University in Communications with a Concentration in Media, Communications, and Visual Arts. I also have a minor in Arts and Entertainment Management. In my spare time I enjoy photography, working out, and seeing as many movies as possible! I am excited to be apart of Her Campus as writing has always been my passion. Make sure to check out my articles as well as my radio show, Winging it with Ariana, where I have new episodes every Tuesday! https://www.mixcloud.com/WIWARIANA/
Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!