Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Cool Date Spots for Love Birds in the City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Just met your special someone? Or looking forward to another date night with your significant other? Here are some really nice spots around the big apple that will make your time roaming around the city unforgettable! BTW: You must have a sweet tooth!

Serendipity 3 – Upper East Side

Love Rom Coms? I do! That’s why visiting Serendipity makes for a beautiful evening with you, your love dove, and hot chocolate. Not only do they have a delicious menu but one of the most romantic beverages in RomCom history. It could be destiny or an inevitable love story; maybe it would be best to ponder it over hot chocolate, right? With their cozy interior and very interesting decor, it’ll be a heartwarming experience.

The Empire State Building – Midtown

Also, who can forget Sleepless in Seattle? This heart-wrenching movie gave us a scene full of love 1,050 feet above Manhattan. This is the perfect setting for sightseeing and smooching surrounded by city lights. You won’t even notice the wind! There is also a Starbucks on the main floor of the building, so you can get coffee and dessert before or after heading to the 86th floor. It could be love at first sight, or a bonding experience worth a lifetime.   

Cafe Palermo – Little Italy

Did I mention Mulberry Street? Well, here I go. Little Italy, known to have the best pasta, is also home to the New York Cannoli. Caffe Palermo, also known as “the Cannoli King” has a selection of delicious desserts that you can enjoy with coffee or even steamed milk. Although they don’t have the authentic Italian zest to them, their rich and creamy flavor is sweet enough to share with your partner. At this cozy cafe, you will experience the most heartwarming dessert experience with a cannoli in one hand – and your sugarplum’s hand in the other  

South Street Seaport – Downtown

Love ships and ferries? Head down to the seaport for a fabulous view of the Brooklyn skyline and calming water. At the Pier 15, East River Esplanade you’ll be able to enjoy a picnic with a beautiful sunset! It honestly can’t get better than that! Not fond of dining outside? No problem! Head to any of the many restaurants in the area. The chill vibe is truly unexplainable plus there are puppies nearly everywhere. So next time you’re looking for a romantic pier experience, this will be your best bet.  

Sugar Factory – Upper West Side

Have you heard of the sweetest drink in town? Or one of the most frequently visited brasserie by celebs? Just reserve a table at the Sugar Factory and order one of their signature drinks, known as “The Goblet”, to indulge in its sweet flavors. With an array of themes to choose from, you and your sweetheart will be able to experience the famous “sweetheart sipping.” At Sugar Factory this isn’t done with the traditional milkshake, but with a candy garnished and famous “celebri-fog”. You can even ask Kylie Jenner, who’s a big fan of the Sugar Factory experience.

Pier 26 Kayaking – Hudson River

Kayaking? For free? Yes! This is the perfect spot to enjoy a day on the Hudson River with your special someone. Just head down to The Downtown Boathouse from June to mid-September, pick your “right fit” paddle and life vest, and head down to get your kayak. There are professionals ready to help you prepare and answer any questions! Also, you don’t have to row alone –phew- so if you’re a first timer or prefer to sit with your love dove, then you totally can. It’s safe, fun, and a more casual way of admiring the buildings while swaying with the waves.

Hey!   I am a student and a Campus Trendsetter at one of the Big Apple's coolest campus (Pace University)! I love hiking during the summer and exploring the city on my free time, along with Yelping on the coolest restaurants around the country. Although the Golden Coast is where home is at, taking on the "City that never sleeps" has become my latest adventure!