Celebs We Wish Would Have a Debate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

With the 2016 Election looming, presidential debates are in full swing. In case you missed out, the first debate for the democratic party happened Tuesday night. But why should politicians have all the fun? Why can’t celebrities get together and discuss politics? Celebrities have opinions too. Here’s the invite list with a few wild cards for added fun.

Jesse Williams

Jesse, known for his work on Grey’s Anatomy, took twitter to voice his opinion Sam DuBose tragedy in July. He reminded everyone that there is a difference between justice and progress and I would love to watch answer questions about all the police force brutality that has been in the news as of late. Also he’s nice to look at. He’s that pretty boy candidate that knows more than you think.

Emma Watson

Emma is currently killing the game. In July of 2014 she was appointed UM Women Goodwill Ambassador. She has also been visiting countries such as Zambia and Bangladesh doing humanitarian work. She has been advocating for gender equality and education.

Britney SpearsI’m talking meltdown of 2008 Britney. What’s a debate without a train wreck that everyone loves to watch fall apart. Brittany would be that candidate that everyone agrees wouldn’t be a good leader for our country but everyone loves how she can say whatever she wants without consequence. Also this candidate usually has polling numbers barely high enough to be invited to join.

Patricia Arquette

When accepting an Oscar for her work in Boyhood, Patricia boldly spoke out for women’s equality. Merle Streep cheered her on from the audience. It would be interesting to listen to her and Emma Watson discuss women’s rights during the course of the debate. She’s the outspoken candidate with little political experience.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold is that candidate that keeps reminding you of his long history in politics while choosing to omit some of mistakes he made while in office. He would spend the whole night referencing his resume and all the great things he did while in office and also mentioning (at least ten times) that new Terminator movie he just starred in. He would also try to throw one of the debaters under the bus to detract from his own faults.

Khloe Kardashian (on standby)

The network would have a podium with Khloe’s name on it on standby just in case she decided to show up (like Vice President Joe Biden at Tuesday’s debate). Khloe would be invited instead of Kim who would most likely spend the entire time talking about hubby Kanye and his intentions to run for president. Khloe would be a great addition to this debate because she would add colorful commentary and sass. What’s a televised event without a Kardashian, am I right?

Hi, my name's Savannah and I'm an apple living in the big apple. I love red sour patch kids and huge cups of coffee. Always on the look out for good books and new adventures.
Hello! My name is Josephine "Josie" Morenski, and I am from Detroit, Michigan. Currently, I am a Communication Studies major at Pace University in New York City, with a minor in Psychology. I am also a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Pace, Promotions Intern for Cumulus Media, and a Student Assistant at Pace University. Writing and blogging have always been a passion of mine, and I am excited to share my content with the Her Campus community.