Best Gluten-Free Desserts in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Like many people who have to ask if food at a restaurant or dessert at a bakery is gluten-free, I have Celiac Disease! No, I’m not following some Hollywood fad and no, it doesn’t mean I’m vegan. It simply means I cannot eat gluten, the proteins found primarily in wheat! Luckily though, being gluten-free is rather easy in a city as big as New York. Check out some of my favorite spots to get gluten-free dessert!

1. Sprinkles Cupcakes

Anyone who knows me knows that Sprinkles is my absolute favorite place to get dessert in the entire world. They sell gluten-free red velvet cupcakes! If you go by their Lexington Avenue location, there’s also an ice cream section where they make all kinds of treats combining ice cream and cupcakes!

Address: 780 Lexington Ave (or their location at Brookfield Place that does not offer ice cream)

2. Georgetown Cupcake

The famous cupcake shop featured on the TLC show DC Cupcakes, has a location in SoHo! They sell a different gluten-free cupcake (all having a chocolate cake base) each day of the week. Including flavors like strawberry lava fudge and chocolate salted caramel!

Address: 111 Mercer Street

3. DŌ: Cookie Dough Confections

Known for its edible cookie dough and cute aesthetic, this place offers gluten-free cookie dough! Three of their flavors can be served gluten-free, which are their signature chocolate chip, sugar cookie, and heavenly (Sugar cookie, Nutella, chocolate chips, caramel bits, and sea salt) flavors. Better yet- they even have gluten-free cones!

Address: 550 LaGuardia Place

4. Bar Suzette

A friend brought me to this spot a few summers ago, and now I can’t go to Chelsea Market without stopping by! They serve both savory and sweet crepes and can make them using their gluten-free batter!

Address: 75 9th Ave (Chelsea Market)

5. Pasticceria Rocco

This bakery serves Italian specialties ranging from cannolis to gelato. While their cannolis aren’t gluten-free, they do sell meringues and pignoli cookies that are. My favorite dessert to get here is a slice of their New York Cheesecake. If you stop by, make sure the cheesecake does not have a crust (sometimes it does), because the crusted kind is not gluten-free!

Address: 243 Bleecker St

Hi! I'm Kate, and I'm a junior at New York University majoring in English.
Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!