Ashley McCaig (’17)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Ashley McCaig is a unique, sweet, fun-loving and charismatic young woman who is currently a junior here at Pace. If you haven’t had the pleasure of befriending her yet, I highly suggest you do so.

Name: Ashley McCaig

Year: Junior (’17)

Major(s): Chemistry

What are your future goals and aspirations? “My ultimate goal is to receive my Ph.D in audiology and become an audiologist (AKA a specialist in ears, hearing, and related disorders). I also hope to become a certified American Sign Language interpreter.”

What extracurricular activities are you involved in on campus? “I am currently the treasurer of the Forensic Science Student Organization (FSSO) and an active member in the Chemistry Club. I’m also a desk attendant (DA) so you can typically find me working at a community desk or in one of the mail rooms.”

What scientific research are you currently involved in? “I am currently doing research with Professor Demosthenes Athanasopoulos. I am performing computational analysis on the protein 1yr0 to observe how a coenzyme, spermine, and spermidine simultaneously bind to the active sites. My computational results will be correlated to data obtained from lab experiments and be used for biochemical purposes.”

What is your favorite hobby? “I am the biggest book nerd. Once I pick up a good book, I can’t put it down. I also love going to concerts as often as possible.”

What is your favorite TV show? “I would have to say Switched at Birth. I love to see the use of ASL in mainstream media. I am impatiently waiting for the next, and final, season to be aired.”

Celebrity crushes?

“1. Zac Efron

2. Nyle Dimarco

3. Pete Wentz

I don’t think I need an explanation, just look at them!”

What are your favorite bands?

“1.   Fall Out Boy

2.   Paramore

3.   Blink-182

4.   Say Anything”

What is your ideal date? “I would love for a guy to go with me to see one of my favorite bands in concert. If I catch him singing along, I’ll know he’s the one.”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “Hopefully, I will be establishing a career for myself and, fingers crossed, that I will be done with school by then.”

Tell us a fun fact about yourself! “I’ve been known to win a lot of contests and sweepstakes. I’ve won countless concert tickets, gift cards, cash, and two trips to California. I even got to visit the set of Glee and have a walk-on role!”

Hi there! My name is Amber Dubin. I am currently a Junior at Pace University. I am pursuing a Masters Degree in Forensic Science as well as a Bachelors of Science in Chemistry with a minor in Criminal Justice. I am originally from New Jersey. I love the beach, photography, fitness, science and traveling. I am always looking for a new adventure!
Her Campus Pace Contributor