Apple Picking at Dr. Davies Farm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

This weekend, I went apple picking upstate at Dr. Davies Farm located in Congers, NY. 

My boyfriend and I purchased a small bag for $10. This was more than enough for the both of us as we ended up with about 15 apples. But, if you’re picking for more than two or plan on making apple pie, apple crisp, or apple fritter, there is the option to purchase a bag for five people for $37. The cost of the apple picking pole is $3 and you receive a dollar back when you return it.

There’s also hay rides for $5, apple cider donuts that are one for $1 or $5 for six and a small farm stand with fresh vegetables, pumpkins and apple cider. When you purchase a ticket for the hay ride, this includes a stop at their pumpkin patch so you can pick and take one home. Not only are the prices reasonable, the farm sits on a beautiful piece of land overlooking a lake and mountains. 

From Pace, it takes an hour in the car without traffic.

For more information, check out their website here: https://www.drdaviesfarm.com/