freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Alexis Collins (’18)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Name: Alexis Brianne Collins

Nickname: “Lex, Collins, Alexis #1, Alexis #2 It really just depends on what roommate you ask”

Hometown: Lancaster, Pennsylvania A.K.A Amish Country

Age: 19… finally!  #Septemberbaby

Major: Communication Studies

Minor: Film and Screen Studies

Year: Sophomore 

Go-to TV Show: Law and Order S.V.U.

Career Aspiration: “What ARE my career aspirations? Well, I would like to be in an episode of Law and Order S.V.U because then you basically have it made. I would eventually like to be acting in feature films where I have some say in the creative process.”

Dream Destination: “Santorini, Greece because Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants filmed on location there. “

What do you like to do on the weekends? “I like going to see new films and shows. Brunching with my roommates and petting strangers’ dogs.”

How many songs can you play on the guitar that’s sitting in our living room? “One. I don’t like to talk about it.”

What’s the best part of having a best friend with the same name? “Confusing people when we meet them for the first time and ordering coffee from Starbucks after each other. They always give us weird looks and ask if we know each other.”

What do you look for in a guy?  “I like a guy who can make me laugh and who challenges my beliefs. I tend to like artistic and creative guys who I can talk about anything with.”

Ideal first date: “I don’t know. I hate first dates.”

What’s the best part of living with five other women?  “There is a unique blend of personalities that really work and you always have someone to adventure with. “

What’s the worst part of living with five other women? “Sometimes you want to catch up on shows but someone’s already on the T.V.”

Fun Facts: Never had a brain freeze. (She’s tried really hard to get one, we promise) Played an Amish person on Discovery Channel.

Check out Alexis on Instagram!

Hey there! My name is Alexis and I'm a senior at Pace University where I am double majoring in Peace & Justice Studies and Communication Studies with minor in Women and Gender Studies. I am the Campus Corespondent for Her Campus Pace and love watching our organization grow. I just got back from spending Spring semester in Florence, Italy and traveling throughout Europe for a month this summer. When I'm not running around between school and my internship, I can be found exploring the city with my friends, checking out some art at MoMA, binge watching Gilmore Girls, Friends or whatever new show has caught my attention or planning my next trip. I believe writing is one of the best tools we have for personal expression and activism!
Hello! My name is Josephine "Josie" Morenski, and I am from Detroit, Michigan. Currently, I am a Communication Studies major at Pace University in New York City, with a minor in Psychology. I am also a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Pace, Promotions Intern for Cumulus Media, and a Student Assistant at Pace University. Writing and blogging have always been a passion of mine, and I am excited to share my content with the Her Campus community.