This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

1. A Tanning Package

While tanning is not the best thing you can do for your skin, it will prevent you from getting a major burn at the beach. Sign up for a tanning package about a month before your spring break trip in order to get a good base tan. You will feel great having an even tan when you hit the beach in a bikini.  

2. Mace Pepper Spray

If you don’t own one already, be sure to pick up a Mace brand pepper spray to stay safe on nights out (You can also order on Amazon). Having personal protection is a MUST, especially during a crazy night out. It’s also really small so it will easily fit inside your purse or clutch. They even have a hot pink option!

3. Cheap Sunglasses

It’s so tempting to bring your favorite pair of stylish Ray-Bans, but trust me, they are most likely going to break, get stolen, or lost! Instead, buy a pair (or two!) of inexpensive ones you wouldn’t feel too guilty over breaking or losing.  Try H&M for stylish pairs under $10!

4. Sunscreen

This one is super important. Taking care of your skin is a priority. In addition, make sure it has a high SPF so you are protected from the harmful sun rays. The last thing you want to do is deal with a huge sun burn during your vacation.

5. Mobile Charger

Spring break means fun in the sun during the day and crazy nights out. A mobile charger is not only super convenient, but it guarantees your phone won’t run out of battery in case you get separated from friends or need to call for help. 

6. Condoms

It doesn’t matter if you are planning on having sex or not, packing a couple condoms is always a responsible idea. Bringing condoms show’s you know how to take control of your sex life.

7. Advil

You will be so thankful you brought some after a long night out. Advil will help during a hangover recovery so you can still make it to the beach during the day.

Hey Everyone:) I am a Philadelphia native with a love for NYC. I am currently a communications major and a digital media studies minor at Pace University. I am a health and fitness enthusiast. I also volunteer with Reading Partners and Jumpstart. In my free time I love writing, traveling, rap music, and shopping.
Her Campus Pace Contributor