6 Fun Galentine’s Day Ideas For New Yorkers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Galentine’s Day is almost here and if you’re still looking for something to do, don’t panic! Here are some of my favorite suggestions for a great, New York Galentine’s. 

1. Wine night with takeout and TV

There’s nothing better than cuddling up next to your besties with a glass of pink Moscato, lo mein, and reruns of Sex and the City.

2. SOJO Spa in Edgewater, NJ

Although this is quite the trek for a New Yorker, the spa charges a $60 entrance fee for unlimited access to tons of saunas and pools, so it’s totally worth it! Plus, there’s a gorgeous view of the city skyline from their infinity pool for those V-Day Instagram’s.

3. Museum of Sex

This fun museum is located on the corner of 5th Ave and W 27th St. Yes, it’s self-explanatory, but I can’t help but mention the bouncy house of boobs! The entrance fee is around $25 and is cheaper if you go at certain times, if you’re a student, or part of the military.

4. Dinner at a fancy restaurant

This one might break the bank a little, but it’s fun to show off your valentines as a group at a nice restaurant. A favorite of mine is Fogo de Chão on W 53rd St! But, if you’re still paying off Christmas gift debt like me, you can downscale and head over to Kestè Pizza on Bleeker St. Make sure to make a reservation!

5. Fifty Shades Freed movie night

Another cheap option is a night at the movie theater! This movie, in particular, will most likely require tickets in advance. But to save a few bucks, grab a big purse and fill it with snacks and drinks, so you don’t have to pay the outrageous movie theater prices!

6. Broadway show

There are so many amazing shows on Broadway right now, including Anastasia, Hamilton, Waitress, and The Lion King. Pick a show you’ll all agree on and either order the tickets or rush the show the same day! (If you rush and don’t get tickets, reread this list; I’m sure you’ll find another idea.)