5 Podcasts You Need to be Listening to on Your Commute

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

1. Pod Save America

With the political climate in a frenzy, there are many news outlets to stay informed on the latest stories but, what about podcasts? Pod Save America launched in January and made it to the top of the iTunes charts, currently sitting at number two.  It was started by three guys who worked in the White House; John Favreau, who was President Obama’s head speechwriter, John Lovett, who worked under Hillary Clinton, as well as Tommy Vietor, who served as President Obama’s National Security Spokesman. As the topics get serious when interviewing various members of the former Obama administration, to friends of the pod, Lovett is able to break the ice and bring humor to the current political climate. This is not a dummies guide to politics but, it will help inform you about what is going on in the White House and how to get active in your local community!

2. Psychobabble with Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl 

With over 8 million subscribers on his YouTube channel, Tyler Oakley branched out into the podcast world with his best friend Korey Kuhl to talk about pretty much everything. From animals, to celebrity gossip, to throwing shade, the half hour show is a candid talk between two best friends. In the words of Tyler Oakley, ‘it’s not just crazy talk, it’s Psychobabble!”

3.  The GaryVee Audio Experience 

If you don’t know who Gary Vaynerchuk is, then you’re welcome in advance. Vaynerchuk is an entrepreneur, CEO, investor, vlogger, public speaker and now, podcaster, who hosts this show for the listener who needs to be inspired when they get out of bed in the morning. The shows vary from speeches on business, to Q & A’s with other well known people in the tech industry, as well as segments from his popular DAILYVEE video series on YouTube (which has over 500,000 subscribers and counting).

4. The Friend Zone 

Sometimes all we need is a friend. Fran, Assante’ and Dustin are always there for you wherever podcasts are streamed! The Friend Zone provides weekly segments to better improve your mental health and wellness, as well as music recommendations and a breakdown of reality TV. At the end of the show, they have an advice section where listeners send in their questions, asking the trio for help with relationships or current career status.

5. Ted Radio Hour 

Now if you’re like me, you want to know everything about anything but don’t seem to have that time to learn in your schedule. Whether it be how to network properly, the thought process behind love, or the nitty gritty details into how our brains work, Ted Radio Hour can provide you with knowledge you’re looking for. Their podcast covers just about anything, with an array of topics spanning from their popular web series, TedTalks. Hosted by Guy Ross, Ted Radio Hour is an hour-long podcast with in depth interviews with scientists, psychologists, journalists, etc., while also incorporating past TedTalks into the show! 

Hey everyone! My name is Ariana Gavriilidis. I am from a small town in New Jersey and I now reside in New York City! I am earning a Bachelor of Arts from Pace University in Communications with a Concentration in Media, Communications, and Visual Arts. I also have a minor in Arts and Entertainment Management. In my spare time I enjoy photography, working out, and seeing as many movies as possible! I am excited to be apart of Her Campus as writing has always been my passion. Make sure to check out my articles as well as my radio show, Winging it with Ariana, where I have new episodes every Tuesday! https://www.mixcloud.com/WIWARIANA/
Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!