12 Steps To Killer Confidence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

1. Make yourself presentable.

You don’t need to spend your paycheck on a brand new outfit to look polished. Stop rushing to class in sweatpants and take 5 minutes the night before to put a fresh outfit together. Looking polished sends the message to your peers and professors that you care about yourself and them.

2. Tell yourself you are beautiful. 

Everyday. Whether or not you believe it. Complimenting your self every day leads to better self-image and higher self-esteem. Sometimes you just need to remind yourself how fabulous you are. Eventually, you will start to believe it.

3. Stop hitting snooze.

Fifteen extra minutes of sleep wont make you feel more rested, but it will make your morning rushed and disorganized. Also, the extra time will ensure you have time to get your contour on point.

4. Eat clean.

Skip the fast food and grab a salad or veggie wrap to go. Nobody feels sexy after scarfing down Chipotle. Instead, opt for more nutritious and lighter meals that won’t leave you feeling bloated. Making small changes in your diet will help you feel more energized and confident.

5. Don’t just walk to class, STRUT!

You don’t have to look like Gigi Hadid or Kendall Jenner to turn heads walking down the street. Simply standing up straight and walking with purpose will make you ooze with confidence.

6. Get Busy!

If you’re feeling the winter blues than log off of Netflix and get involved on campus. Joining a volunteer organization, or writing for the school paper (Pace Press) are easy ways to feel involved and give you a sense of belonging. Bonus, they look good on your resume too!

7. Compliment others.

Doing random, small acts of kindness for strangers is an easy way to boost not only their confidence, but yours too. It always feels good to make somebody else smile or feel appreciated.

8. Do things that make you uncomfortable.

The best way to get over a fear is to face it, head-on. The only person that decides how big or small your comfort zone is, is you. Push yourself to try things your 2015 self would never imagine possible.

9. Count your blessings.

Every night write down a person or memory you are thankful for. Even the worst day can end on a positive note. 

10. Buy a planner.

Not only will this keep you super organized, but it will make you feel on top of your game. Writing down all the activities and events you have coming up is a sure way to keep you focused on the future.

11. Set goals!

Physically write down a list of long-term goals and short terms goals to help you reach them. Then, post it somewhere obvious like above your desk so you can’t forget about them.

12. Treat yourself.

Yes, I said it. It’s okay to splurge on yourself every so often. Also, it feels pretty damn good to reward yourself for achieving your goals! Spending time on yourself is a sign of high self worth, and girl, you’re worth it.

Hey Everyone:) I am a Philadelphia native with a love for NYC. I am currently a communications major and a digital media studies minor at Pace University. I am a health and fitness enthusiast. I also volunteer with Reading Partners and Jumpstart. In my free time I love writing, traveling, rap music, and shopping.
Her Campus Pace Contributor