This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Graduation is upon us, Seniors! In less than three months we will enter the realm of nine to five jobs in corporate America and adulthood (for real this time). While most of us are excited to start this new chapter in our lives, it is also emotional and scary to leave something so familiar behind. Here is a list of things I will miss, good and bad, come May. 

1. Donna: You can spot her from a mile away with her iconic, deviant laugh and vibrant smokey eyes. I will surely miss Donna slamming my meal plan card on the counter and making a snide remark about what I’m about to eat. 

2. Crowded Elevators: While being squished in the corner of a tiny elevator between someone with Mexican food from the caf and someone who hasn’t showered in two days isn’t my ideal situation, it is something that every Pace student deals with. For that, it will be sort of…weirdly missed. 

3. Free Food: I will most definitely miss the abundance of free food you receive in college. From taking a short survey in the caf and being rewarded with a free cookie, to eating supplied food at club meeting, us college students eat this up (literally). More importantly, I will miss the free Waffles and Dinges at every homecoming and spring week event. 

4. Inside the Actors Studio: These FREE tapings come around every once in awhile but, luckily for us Pace students, we get to attend them! I’ll never forget Neil Patrick Harris referencing How I Met Your Mother with a “General Feeling” and salute. This is something I’ll miss dearly. 

5. Flex Dollars: Who doesn’t love Red Mango, Chipotle, Rosellas; Au Bon Pain, etc. on Pace’s dime? I know I do. We all love the fact that our caf flex dollars pay for that burrito rather than our hard earned money coming straight out of our pockets. I sure will miss flex the next time I spend the last $20 I have towards a $12 burrito bowl. 

6. Homecoming/Amateur Night: What other university’s get to say they’ve seen Kesha, Ansel Elgort, Jesse McCartney, JoJo and a ton of other awesome artists up close and personal?Only at Pace. 

7. Professors: Due to the fact that Pace is located in NYC, many of our professors still work in their industries and teach on the side. We are being taught by people who are active in the industry they teach/work in, this is a great chance to connect with professors for job opportunities.. With that being said, I just found out that my online journalism professor is also a male model! 

8. Fidi (Also known as the Financial District): After attending Pace and living in this area of Manhattan for four years, it has become near and dear to our hearts. From the Brooklyn Bridge to South Street Seaport, from Wall Street to the Freedom Tower, we are surrounded by some of the city’s greatest landmarks and coolest areas (to grab a bite to eat and a beer.) 

9. McGuire’s: The unofficial, official Pace “college” bar. Crawling with students every Thursday night, this bar is probably only still around due to the fact that we basically pay their bills. This isn’t necessarily a place I will miss, but I know a lot of seniors who will. 

10. Fishbowl: Whether you’re catching up on homework, grabbing something to eat, or hanging out with friends, the fishbowl is the place to do it. I can’t say I’ll miss people watching me write my essay through the glass as they walk by, but I will miss the memories I have made there. 

11. The Stoop: Walking past the “stoop” on Spruce St. at any hour of the day will hit you with the horrible aroma of nicotine and marijuana. For avid smokers, I’m sure they will miss their smoke breaks at the stoop, as for everyone else, not so much. 

Senior Communications major and Women and Gender Studies minor at Pace University who spends too much time researching celebrities and not enough on homework.
Hey guys, my name is Cas. I am a Senior at Pace Univeristy on the NYC campus. I am currently working on a dual degree in Communications and Fine Arts. I've been working with some friends of mine to start up our own creative platform called FUNKNVIBE. It's basically a way for artists, musicians, film makers and any creative minds to collaborate and create. When I'm not volunteering or with my FNV family I'm reading, dancing or working on my latest art piece. I hope to own and design my own publication showcasing the culture around me. I have a personal blog as well as my Her Campus page. I recently started up a blog with FunknVibe so definitely check it out!  I started out as the secretary at for HCPace but moved my way to VP and CC to now President. I love being able to give students on my campus a voice and connect new students to some type of a community. Her Campus has allowed me to organize myself better and find out what goes into running an organization. It's been an absolute joy and I hope for my last year we have one of the best!