The 10 Stages Of Being A College Senior As Told By New Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

1. Feeling like you are on top of the world!:

​Let’s be real. You’re a senior! You are so close to graduation and you have college down pat! You feel like you are gonna breeze through this year with no problems at all! Nothing’s gonna knock your spirits down!

2. This whole senior thing isn’t as easy as I thought it would be. 

So, I didn’t expect senior year to be this crazy. Can I go back to being a freshman please?! 

3. Wait, how many more months until I am a real adult?

The clock is ticking…. We are getting closer to graduation and I have no idea what I am going to be doing after graduation. That’s not nerve-racking or anything. 

4. I lied. I don’t want to be a senior anymore.

I TAKE IT BACK. I TAKE IT BACK. I am not ready to be an adult. I am still in the process of adulting.

5. I am so done with college, but I need to stay here so I don’t have to grow up. Is that possible? 

All you want is to be done with classes, but at the same time growing up is one of the scariest things in the world. Everyone keeps asking you, aren’t you scared about having to get a job, pay bills, etc. I WASN’T UNTIL NOW! 

6. Jobs?? How do I get one of these??:

It’s that time of the year! Start sending out those applications for jobs that say they are entry level positions, but require 3-5 years experience! You only need to apply to a million until you get a response. No big deal! Just remember, you got this…. maybe that will help!

7. All of these people around me are getting married and getting jobs while I just panic orders $250 worth of chinese… 

All of your friends are excepting full time positions for after college. Some are getting engaged. Meanwhile, I’m still waiting to hear back from one of the companies I applied to and hoping that I will be able to afford to eat after graduation! I am just going to be over here having a panic attack.  

8. I have to make HOW MUCH to pay back student loans??

So, not only do you have to worry about getting a job, now you have to worry about paying your loans back 6 months after you graduate. Goodbye world. It was nice knowing you. 

9. Can I just go to college forever, while having to do no more work?

Now you start contemplating grad school and law school becuase you don’t know what you can do for the rest of your life. 

10. YES, I finally got my diploma! Now what?

CONGRATS! You just got your diploma! Go celebrate the little amout of time you still have left adulting! You can worry about the rest within the 6 months the government gives you to figure out the rest of your life!

Hi! My name is Jacqueline and I am a senior communication studies major with minors in business and women and gender studies at Pace University. I am the president / campus correspondent for the Her Campus Pace Chapter and the president of the production club PopTV. I am a Hufflepuff and lover of all things Harry Potter! Also, I am a HUGE Marvel fan! When I am not writing and leading Her Campus, I like to spend my time reading, watching Netflix, and singing every song that comes on Spotify.