alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Who doesn’t love Ellen Degeneres, I do not know anyone who doesn’t . She is lovable, funny and deeply believes in spreading kindness all over the world. Her famous catch phrase “be kind to one another” is priceless and sincere. Now among many of her causes, she recently kicked off her “One Million Acts of Good”campaign which turned into a mission all over the world.

Here at Pace University, we participated in the “Acts of Good”. Students and athletes banded together to participate in the Ellen and Cheerios “One Million Acts of Good” event. The event took place at Butcher Suite and the line was out the door with Pace students waiting to enter, and it was a success! At the event, students formed an assembly line and each student filled boxes with snacks and a short, kind, inspirational note. These boxes were to be distributed to the homeless and those who live in shelters.

By participating at the event, I gained a sense of warmth and love knowing how rewarding and easy it can be to help others in need. The goal of this movement, is to join together and achieve “One Million Acts of Good”. No “Act of Good” is too small, everything counts. Ellen and Cheerios want to hear your stories about how you or someone you know are helping the world. Go to Ellentube.com to see how you can post what you are doing or, how you can participate if you haven’t done so already, and you never know, your participation could end up on her social media!

I am a sophomore biological sciences major, communications minor who loves health and writing. I love listening to music, netflix and hanging with my friends in my free time. My go to quote to live by is: A man plans his journey, but the Lord directs his steps, Proverbs 16:9. Que Sera Sera. Clemson '19