This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Hey all! As winter is approaching, I have been thinking about a couple of things that we can do or enjoy as the season changes. First is sunglasses. One of the reasons why I love Los Angeles is that even as it gets colder and you start to pile on your sweaters and jackets, sun makes an appearance among the cloudy skies. The lighting is definitely softer among the grey skies, which still allows you to wear your favorite pair of sunglasses. I have a favorite pair, but I’ve been experimenting lately and buying lighter lenses or bigger style of frames. It’s definitely fun to experiment with different styles because you get to learn about new looks that suit you well!

Another thing that’s on my mind is skincare. As it gets colder, skin can get drier. Here are a couple of tips that can help you and your skin get through the cold weather. 
1) First, you should only use lukewarm water to wash your face. Really hot water can make your skin drier because it can strip the moisture from it. 
2) Still use SPF. Even though it’s cold and grey outside, UV light is still hitting your skin. I would recommend wearing SPF 30. 
3) If you notice that your skin gets dry during winter, maybe you can change your cleanser to a balm or oil which can help moisturize your skin as you wash it. 
4) Changing your diet (such as eating more foods with Omega 3 fatty acids) or putting on a bit of Vitamin E oil (my favorite!) or coconut oil on your face can help your skin retain moisture and remain soft. 

Also sweaters are never a bad idea when it gets cold. I recently learned of Everlane, and they have really cozy looking sweaters that I’m more than content with looking at. Check out their selection here: (https://www.everlane.com/collections/womens-sweaters)