Style Profile: Shira Choi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Here at Oxy, it’s our first week back from Spring Break and the weather has not been the greatest. There were forecasts of rain, but it certainly does not stop the ladies on campus from looking their best. Today, the chilly wind was present but the sun shown through. At school, I ran into Shira who is a junior at Oxy and was kind enough to let me take photos of her outfit! It can be hard to look cute when all you can think about is keeping warm. I thought that Shira had elements in her outfit that kept her looking cute and not cold

Her utility jacket is in the classic khaki green color that is versatile and can complete any outfit.

Her knit sweater and black shorts compliment each other as well as add sophistication to her outfit. With these neutral colors, it is not only easy to use them in one outfit but in others as well. Also, notice that the black shorts can be easily converted into something you could wear on a hot day, to one you can wear on a cold today with the addition of tights.

Shira’s tights are suited for the mild weather. They are sheer and have cute polka dots all over them, adding a nice touch to what otherwise is a simple staple.

Here are her cute suede lace-up oxford’s that are a lovely tan color. Oxfords are great to wear on campus – we have hills to walk! – as they are flat and come in different styles and colors. It’s a great alternative to those 5-inch heels or pair of sneakers.

If you want to go for your sweats and sweater on a cold day, go for it!! But if you want to dress it up a bit, take some advice from Shira. She looks effortlessly cute!

Image credit: Amber Thai

Madi Tsuji is a former Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Occidental. She is originally from Seattle, WA and now lives in New York City, where she works in PR.