Style Blog: Shira Choi Spotlight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Here’s another fashion spotlight on Ms. Shira Choi. I chose to do another one on her because I wanted to see her transition from one outfit to another – she’s a study in mixing the simple staples to create many outfits.

This is her complete outfit! Shira’s awesome at making neutrals pop against each other, making for a very casual and sophisticated look at the same time.

If you look closer, you notice the clever layering of the grey sweater with the Peter Pan-collar top underneath. The first thing that immediately caught my attention when I saw Shira was the crisp round collar that popped out of a regular knit sweater. It was a cute detail that kept her warm.

In a style similar to the khaki green anorak that she wore last week, Shira opted for a tan blazer with cool zipper detailing and useful pockets.

Here’s something that I love, but never got to mention: black jeans! Black is well known for making you look slimmer and what’s better than black skinny jeans? On mild days like we’ve been having, they’re good to have around. Black jeans – or pants if you prefer – go with everything. Next time, take out that glitzy tank top, teal blouse, or cropped sweater and lay them out with the black bottoms. You’d be surprised – they’ll become the best friend that’s just been hiding in the back of your closet for a long while, waiting to be noticed.

Bonus: check out her cognac leather loafers! I’ve been looking into getting some for a while (helloooo Sam Edelman, great shoes that you’ve been having this season!)

Makeup: I would also like to mention Shira’s eye makeup. What I like about it so much is that she keeps it basic. She works the light beige gold eye shadow and thin winged eyeliner well. Props girl. 

Madi Tsuji is a former Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Occidental. She is originally from Seattle, WA and now lives in New York City, where she works in PR.