Our lovely readers – that’s you!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Congratulations to everyone for finishing an entire school year! I can’t believe that my freshman year is over, and that I am writing this from LAX while I wait to board the plane home to Minnesota. This has been a roller coaster of a year for me – but I’ve loved every minute. I’m actually so sad to leave Oxy! But back to you: I think that every single Her Campus Oxy reader (and every Oxy student in general) deserves to be named Campus Celebrity this week! Over winter break my grandma said something to me that I would like to share with all of you. When I was weighing not going back to Oxy for the spring semester, I told her that the only reason I would go back was to avoid feeling like a failure. My grandma then replied, “Serina, you finished an entire semester of college. That is something that a lot of people are never able to do, and you need to be proud of that accomplishment no matter what.” I am so glad that I did come back and now I have finished an entire year of college! So I would like to remind everyone of what a great accomplishment it truly is to finish this year. Have an amazing summer – I’ll see (or write to) everyone in August!

From all of us at Her Campus Oxy – have a great summer!!

Image credit: careerealism.com

Hi! I'm a super busy sophomore at Occidental College. I'm a Spanish, Group Language (Chinese and Linguistics) double major.
Madi Tsuji is a former Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Occidental. She is originally from Seattle, WA and now lives in New York City, where she works in PR.