LA Music Scene: Moon Block Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Fall season means many things for us collegiettes. For some it’s the time of birthdays, a new school year, or cool weather. Unless you live in LA when October is still 90 degrees (RealFeel hell). Complaining aside, one of the very best parts about this time of year is also my favorite way to take advantage of going to school in Los Angeles: live music. 

Which is exactly why I got embarrassingly excited when I read about this year’s Moon Block Party via LA Weekly. 

The block party takes place on Saturday, October 18th at the Pomona Fairplex (in Pomona, of course) on the border of La Verne. The 18 and up event will feature Spoon, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Black Angels, Band of Skulls, Black Lips, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Tinariwen, Metz, and Deap Vally among others. Tickets are still available for $45 online at moonblockparty.org and at over 40 retail locations throughout Southern California including Amoeba, Burger Records, Glass House Record Store, Rhino Records, Origami, Permanent Records and more. 

Oh, and the Moon theme is for real. That means live out your childhood dreams and dress up like an astronaut or maybe an alien?? Depending on your childhood. We also hear there will be a full bar to those 21 and over as well as craft vendors and 3 full stages for all the live music your heart can handle.