Jenny Craig ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Meet this week’s super friendly, super involved Campus Celebrity, Jenny Craig!

Name: Jenny Craig

Year: Sophomore

Major: Psychology (Pre-med track)

Hometown: Racine, Wisconsin

On-Campus Activities: Greek Council (VP of Philanthropy), Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity, Dance Team, Up ‘Til Dawn, Dance Production

Off-Campus Activities: Tutor through NPP

What’s your favorite activity on-campus? Why? Dance Team. But all of my other activities are a close second. I really enjoy performing in front of a large audience, and knowing that others enjoy my performance. Dance team also brings out my Oxy team spirit. Aside from that, all of the Dance Team girls are awesome, and I really enjoy being a part of the team and seeing them every day! J

Tell me about Greek Council and Up ‘Til Dawn: I am the Philanthropy Chair of Greek Council, and I plan the philanthropy events for Oxy’s Greek Life to participate in.  So far I’ve planned Trick or Treat on Greek Street and done a lot of work on Up ‘til Dawn.  Up ‘til Dawn is an annual letter addressing event that raises money for St . Jude Children’s Hospital.  This year our goal for Up ‘til Dawn is to raise $20,000!  So far we have raised over $3,000, and are still waiting on the money raised from the letters to come in!

So why Psychology/Pre-Med? I’ve always been really interested in how people think, and how that affects their behavior. I’ve known since Middle School that I want to be a psychiatrist. Mental illness is such a taboo subject in our society, and I want to work to change that.

Funniest story from NPP?  Some of the boys have made a game out of trying to intimidate me. Every time I ask one of them a question they stare at me without a response. I’m not sure what they’re trying to accomplish, but they have yet to intimidate me!

Who is your role model? Beyoncé because she’s awesome. She is such an empowered woman!

What is your advice to Her Campus readers who want to become Campus Celebrities? Work hard, join clubs, have fun, and really care about what you’re doing. If you are in a million different clubs but don’t care about any of them then you really aren’t accomplishing anything!

Where do you see yourself in ten years? I’ll be done with medical school (whoa). I hope that I have a job (and maybe a family)! I think that I’m going to move home to the Midwest, I like it here, but Wisconsin is home. Basically, in ten years I hope to have changed the world.

Photo Source: Facebook 

Hi! I'm a super busy sophomore at Occidental College. I'm a Spanish, Group Language (Chinese and Linguistics) double major.