It’s The Little Things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Unfortunately, this blog will be a little short. I wanted to share some thoughts about the little things that we tend to overlook sometimes.

There’s nothing like studying in the library and heading back to your warm bed. Trust me, I know. Recently I have been quite stressed and I have taken up some new tasks. But that isn’t a new thing to the students here at Oxy, because everyone has things going on for them, whether it is sports, clubs, internships or research opportunities. To be honest, I’m still learning how to manage my time and balance everything that I piled on my plate (happily of course!); I know that it is going to be worth in the end, discipline can be good and extremely helpful.

I remember my sister telling me to take it easy every once in a while to make sure that I stayed sane enough to enjoy a nice talk with my friends or a dinner at a location off campus. The little things that you do everyday such as taking a break on a bench or grabbing some coffee can be opportunities for you all to relax. Really, remember that in order for you to do your best be sure to sleep as much as you can at night and refuel with food. There is nothing like being stressed and having it affect your health too!

On reflection, the best solution for me is laughing. I’m sitting here laughing with my friends while studying for our Biology exam and I definitely feel a lot happier. Another thing that can help is looking forward to the weekend. Once you can get through what the week holds for you, you’ve succeeded in completing several tasks. Take pride in that and acknowledge the small steps that you take in doing what it takes to be a good student and person.

What little things do you do to unwind? How do you balance life, school, friends, family, and everything else a collegiette has going on?

Image credit: Only Positive News

Madi Tsuji is a former Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Occidental. She is originally from Seattle, WA and now lives in New York City, where she works in PR.