Great Places to Eat Near Oxy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Imagine it’s Friday night and you cannot fathom eating at the Marketplace for even one more night. In your scramble to find a restaurant that’s close/comfortable/yummy, check out this list for a few ideas!

Lemongrass

Conveniently located on the corner of Eagle Rock Blvd and York Blvd, this Vietnamese Restaurant is the best!It is definitely within walking distance from campus. The interior is adorably decorate and large enough to accommodate your large group of friends. And the employees are very friendly! You might even see a few Oxy students.

Dishes to try: Rare Steak Pho, Charbroiled Pork and Shrimp (pictured above), Charbroiled Pork Sandwich, Anything with tomato friend rice!

The Oinkster

If you find yourself craving burgers and fries, then you need to head to the Oinkster! Obviously the pulled-pork is a classic here, but just about everything on the menu is delicious, especially the fries! Rumor has it they deep-fry their fries twice to make them so crispy. Not quite walking distance (especially for the weak), but still worth a try!

Dishes to try: BBQ Pulled-Pork Sandwich, Classic 1/3 Pound Hamburger (Pictured Above), Old Fashioned Chicken Salad Sandwich

Taco Spot

This restaurant is perfect for when you’re craving Mexican food. I suppose you could also go to the Taco Trucks which are closer to Oxy, but Taco Spot is still delicious and offers ample seating. Everyone is incredibly friendly and as a major plus, they have a salsa bar! How could you go wrong with that??

Dishes to Try: Literally anything. Burritos especially.

I am an aspiring blogger/instagrammer/vine star from sunny Southern California. I have a passion for crafting, crocheting and Disneyland!