iPhones are great for staying in touch, staying organized, and getting really distracted. There are thousands of apps out there, but which ones are really essential for collegiettes? Here are the top five iPhone apps that you need if you're a girl around Oxy!
1. Oxy Mobile. Did you know Oxy has its own app? It provides quick access to dining and athletic facility hours (what time does the gym close tonight??), easy links to important phone numbers, and the Marketplace menu. Definitely keep this one on your homepage!
2. Yelp. We live in a really, really big city, and for every good restaurant (or food truck, drugstore, boutique, auto body shop, etc) there are hundreds that you shouldn't waste your time on. If you're new to the area (and most of us are transplants) Yelp is a huge lifesaver. Save yourself some of the work of exploring by only exploring the places rated well by other users!
3. Groupon. Groupon's app is a lot easier to navigate than its website, and you can check it when you're on-the-go. Los Angeles has some of the best Groupon deals, and there are so many to take advantage of that you have no excuse for not exploring all the activities L.A. has to offer! Plus, the discounts on travel and vacations are unbeatable, and with Vegas and Palm Springs only a few hours drive away, the possibilities are endless.
4. Flashlight. Sometimes the library turns the lights off on you and you have to make your way out in the dark. Just a handy app to have in general.
5. Shazam. Oxy students have pretty varied tastes in music, so if you hear a song you've never heard before and want to remember it for later, Shazam it! Shazam will save all your tagged songs so you can go back and check them out, thus helping you avoid the "hey, what song was that again?" conversation later.
With only five apps on the list, I know I missed some of your favorites! Tell me what I missed!
Image credit: gigaom.com