This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.
Hey Collegiettes, here’s my step by step eyeshadow tutorial! The photo below will help guide you along in this process.

With eyeshadow application, I think it’s practical to start off with four colors: a highlight color which is a shimmery color to put right underneath your browbone and inner corner of your eye next to the nose, a light one that can act as your base eyeshadow, a medium-toned eyeshadow that’s a little darker than your skin tone, and a dark eyeshadow that’s either a dark black or brown color. If you have an eyeshadow primer, feel free to use that too because it can help your eyeshadow stay vibrant throughout the day. Eyeliner and mascara can also help enhance your overall look in the end. 

Starting with the top left corner of the photo, apply a light flesh-toned color all over your eyelid. Next, apply your medium-toned eyeshadow to your crease as seen in the photo in the upper right hand corner. Now add some of your darker color to the outer color of your eyelid, an area that is towards the end of your eyebrow and past the middle of your eyelid. Remember to blend your colors to make sure that the borders of the colors that you apply to your eyelid aren’t harsh and are seamless. The next three photos show eyeliner and eyeshadow application to the upper and lower lash line to emphasize the eye and the application of mascara for that extra POP! (: If you want to add some dimension to your look, add your shimmery highlight color underneath your brow bone and on your inner corner.

With four colors, you can achieve a polished day look or deepen it up with the dark brown or black for a look suited for a night out on the town.