jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Fall’s coming up and the go-to shoe for many are boots! Chelsea boots are a way to incorporate the boot trend into your closet without a tall heel so you can feel comfortable wearing all them day.

The most distinguishable feature is the elastic on the side that allows you to effortlessly pull them on and off with the heel tab at the back. These style of boots are known to have a versatile silhouette that can work well with jeans and dresses. If you’re looking to rock an edgier look, pair Chelsea boots with black skinny jeans, a plain shirt and a classic leather biker. Chelsea boots can also turn a cute dress and cardigan into a menswear-inspired outfit. Incorporating the boot into your wardrobe requires minimal fuss.

H&M has their version of the Chelsea boot for a reasonable price ($34.95) and is pictured below.

Here are also a few tips to keep in mind if you’re looking into buying a pair:

• Chelsea boots have a rounded or pointed shape. The size of your feet will determine which ones you should gravitate towards. If you have larger feet go for something rounded and if you have narrower feet look towards a pointed shape.
  • If you’re deciding between colors, black leather is a classic choice and colored suede like an olive green or grey can be fun to wear too.
  • If you’re not quite sure on what style of the Chelsea boot to get, try on different heights, colors and designs in order to find the one that suits you best and that you like.