Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oxy Archives

GROOVE @ THE GLEN v.2

By Amber Thai
February 24, 2014 - 12:51am

WHAT'S UP PARTY PEOPLE. 

On Friday, Feb. 28th G@TG is back for its second installation in Sycamore Glen. This time around we are gonna be doing things a little different. I got three letters for you: BBQ. 

Starting at 6PM, we will be grilling everything and everything (veggie-only grills will exist) with the help of all ya'll of course. Please post on the page anything you plan on bringing so we don't have 1000 paper plates and no food. Remember, this is a community-run event which all of you are equally part of-- we count on you guys to make these events the best they can be.  Per usual, ArtLab will be supplying the painting wall and there will be bubbles.  READ MORE...

Valentine's Day Celebrations Beyond the U.S.

By Lauren Rhodes
February 18, 2014 - 5:24pm

In America the Valentine’s Day traditions are simple; chocolate, roses, a romantic date, cards, and declarations of love in every shape and size usually from men to women but generally celebrated by both alike. Other countries however have their own take on this holiday... Here are five that do Valentine’s Day a little differently.  1. Norfolk England READ MORE

Nina Monet Reynoso '16

By Elena Lopez
February 18, 2014 - 5:00pm

READ MORE

Melody Dahlgren '16

By Leah Nomkin
February 9, 2014 - 7:00pm

READ MORE

3 Unique and Trendy Places to Shop Near Campus

By Elena Lopez
February 9, 2014 - 3:40pm

READ MORE

Caroline Bringenberg '14

By Kristin Feinberg
February 9, 2014 - 3:21pm

READ MORE

What's your favorite Valentine's Day Gift?

By Leah Nomkin

A Conversation with LA Mayor Eric Garcetti

By Sarah Schmitz
February 6, 2014 - 2:45pm

Come see Mayor Eric Garcetti speak on Oxy's campus with LA Times Architecture critic Christopher Hawthorne about the civic landscape of our city. This event is organized by Oxy's Urban and Environmental Policy Institute.    Visit http://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-conversation-with-los-angeles-mayor-eric-garcetti-tickets-10519501111 for more information on the event and how to RSVP for free tickets.  READ MORE

The Best Tumblr Valentines

By Jessica Robson
February 4, 2014 - 3:32pm

Having a hard time thinking of what to get your Valentine this year? Show them your love with a hilarious Tumblr card! We've scoured the internet for the best cards to virtually send to your loved ones. READ MORE

Designers that Dominated Social Media in 2013 and How They Did It

By Lauren Rhodes
February 3, 2014 - 3:02pm

READ MORE