Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oxy Archives

Google Day @ Oxy

By Brandy Joy Huff
September 22, 2014 - 3:10pm

A google event that includes a Job Search Workshop(9-10am or 3-4pm), Alumni Career Panel(12-1pm), and Google Challenge(7-8pm). It's a good opportunity to learn about jobs at Google and interact with Oxy grads that work at Google.    Contact: Courtney Stricklin '03 cstricklin@oxy.edu if you have questions READ MORE

How to Pack for Literally Any Trip Ever

By colleenrwalton
September 22, 2014 - 3:02pm

Step 1: Check the weather READ MORE

I Know What You Wore Last Summer

By Soraya Sebghati
September 21, 2014 - 11:36pm

As a girl whose favorite color is black, this recent Los Angeles heat wave has made my sartorial life a little difficult. I feel most comfortable in my winter clothes, which typically consist of fitted trousers, faux fur coats, and turtlenecks. Summer, especially when the temperatures reach 106 degrees Fahrenheit, is not my favorite season. And yes, I am a native Angeleno who happens to be cursing the sun lately. It’s interfering with my aesthetic. However, there are certain trends that I saw and tried my hardest to follow this summer that I will miss dearly. Here’s my list, in no particular order:   READ MORE

A Royal Visit

By Karen Oliva
September 21, 2014 - 10:23pm

September 19, 2014 Last week, Occidental was visited by one of England’s best British boy bands. Before you think One Direction secretly held a concert on campus while you were asleep, I’m referring to the amazing a cappella group, All the Kings Men. Equally as charming and good looking as 1D, All the Kings Men stopped by the Bird Studio on Thursday as part of their US tour. The a cappella group came to us all the way from King’s College London where the group was originally founded in 2009. Just like the Barden Bellas from Pitch Perfect, this year AtKM made it to the International Championships of Collegiate A cappella (ICCA); an impressive accomplishment unprecedented by any other UK a cappella group. READ MORE...

Savy Rubbico '16

By Amber Thai
September 21, 2014 - 10:07pm

Name: Savy Rubbico Year: Junior Major: Psychology with an emphasis in Neuroscience  Relationship status: Taken        What's your ideal date?: A sunrise or sunset hike   What's a turn off/turn on?: A turn off would be a guy too full of himself. A turn on would be someone who is just genuine and silly.    READ MORE

Ever thought about law school? Attend the Law School Forum in Los Angeles on September 20!

By Oxy Contributor
September 17, 2014 - 3:05pm

Figuring out what you want to do after college can be stressful, especially when you might want to do so many things! Since you’re all ambitious, proactive collegiates, we know that you’ve already joined the clubs, landed the internships, and done the research to try and narrow down the opportunities. If you’ve ever even toyed with the idea of law school, we have another opportunity for you to help expand your horizons: Every year the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) hosts Law School Forums across the country, and one will be in Los Angeles this month. Love social media? Sports addict? There are unique, surprising legal jobs available in these industries and countless others!...

Myles Groner '15

By athai
April 11, 2014 - 3:01am

Meet Myles Groner! He's a senior here at Oxy and you can always find him in the Office of Student Life, going to research lab, or working hard in the library! READ MORE

TED X Occidental

By Kristin Feinberg
March 21, 2014 - 5:54pm

Make sure to get your tickets to a day of presentations, food, and conversation. Members of Occidental's community, including faculty and students, as well as Los Angeles community members and beyond will be giving presentations pertaining to "Reinventing the American Dream". Visit http://tedxoccidentalcollege.com/ for more information! READ MORE

Crop Tops from Day to Night

By athai
March 11, 2014 - 8:03pm

Do you have a crop top in your closet that you never really know how to wear? Sometimes it can be a little tricky to pair the top because of its length, but it can be worn not only when it's hot out, but also when it's a little cold out as well so you don't have to look like you just came back from the beach when it's freezing out. The picture above shows a crop top from Free People that is in basic white and has cute lace detailing in the back. The color is neutral and can be paired with many things.  READ MORE

Meet Ryan Chong '15!

By athai, Amber Thai
March 11, 2014 - 7:29pm

Meet Ryan! He's a Junior here at Oxy and you can either see him on campus or at the gym playing basketball. Name: Ryan Chong Major/Minor: Art History and Economics Hometown: San Diego, California What qualities do you look for in a girl? – Positive attitude, fun to be around, good smile, and good friends. What's a turn off? - Gossip. Favorite hobbies?: Golf and snowboarding. Plans for the future?: Retire by 35. READ MORE