Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oxy Archives

What are you doing for spring break this year?

By Jessica Robson

Will Huang '16

By Sarah Schmitz
March 3, 2014 - 1:20am

READ MORE

Get Sneaky!

By Melissa Pappas
March 1, 2014 - 7:29pm

Sneakers do not just have to be the shoes you wear to gym class or to go for a run. Over the last year or so, so many new kinds of sneakers have come out, like wedges, prints, and awesome bright colors. These fun styles can really pull an outfit together with style and total comfort! As spring begins, consider a fun pair of sneakers as a great way to make a statement with your outfit!       Photos: READ MORE

Dance Production

By Leah Nomkin
March 1, 2014 - 5:49pm

Come watch your classmates give it all they've got in Dance Production's annual performance! Dancers and choreographers have been rehearsing all year to bring you what promises to be a most entertaining show. You might be surprised to see who has been hiding their break dancing or belly dancing skills in the classroom. The show covers all styles from hip-hop, modern, Bollywood, and Irish, to hula and swing!! Nightly shows on Friday and Saturday from 7-9 pm with a matinee on Saturday from 2-4 pm.   READ MORE

Fringed Kimono: 3 Ways

By Jessica Robson
February 25, 2014 - 5:01pm

So, you bought a fringed kimono knowing it was adorable, but not quite how to style it.  Well here are three different ways to wear it: When wearing your kimono to class, you want to be practical.  Layer it over a plain tank top and jeans for an effortlessly cool look. READ MORE

Matt Riback '17

By Melissa Pappas
February 25, 2014 - 4:24pm

READ MORE

What's currently at the top of your to do list?

By Elena Lopez

GROOVE @ THE GLEN v.2

By Amber Thai
February 24, 2014 - 12:51am

WHAT'S UP PARTY PEOPLE. 

On Friday, Feb. 28th G@TG is back for its second installation in Sycamore Glen. This time around we are gonna be doing things a little different. I got three letters for you: BBQ. 

Starting at 6PM, we will be grilling everything and everything (veggie-only grills will exist) with the help of all ya'll of course. Please post on the page anything you plan on bringing so we don't have 1000 paper plates and no food. Remember, this is a community-run event which all of you are equally part of-- we count on you guys to make these events the best they can be.  Per usual, ArtLab will be supplying the painting wall and there will be bubbles.  READ MORE...

Valentine's Day Celebrations Beyond the U.S.

By Lauren Rhodes
February 18, 2014 - 5:24pm

In America the Valentine’s Day traditions are simple; chocolate, roses, a romantic date, cards, and declarations of love in every shape and size usually from men to women but generally celebrated by both alike. Other countries however have their own take on this holiday... Here are five that do Valentine’s Day a little differently.  1. Norfolk England READ MORE

Nina Monet Reynoso '16

By Elena Lopez
February 18, 2014 - 5:00pm

READ MORE