Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oxy Archives

LA Music Scene: February Concerts

By Maddie Caldemeyer
January 30, 2013 - 12:47am

The start of another semester can mean several things to college students. Many of us have come back to campus with a clean slate and infinite ideas on how we’re planning to scuff it up. I’ve come back energized and enthusiastic, promising myself that I am going to take advantage of everything that L.A. has to offer. Los Angeles boasts one of the biggest and best music scenes throughout the world, and the first step in counteracting missed opportunities is to become informed. For those of you with similar goals, I’ve complied a list of incredible shows occurring in the L.A. area throughout the first half of February. READ MORE

Ten Places to Meet a Cutie in Time for Valentine’s Day

By Madi Tsuji
January 25, 2013 - 8:55pm

READ MORE

Hooking Up at Oxy - Lecture and Panel

By Jessica Robson
January 25, 2013 - 1:18am

Want to learn more about the hook up culture here at Oxy? Join Project S.A.F.E. in learning more about the facts of Prof. Lisa Wade's research on Oxy's Hook Up Culture.  Following the lecture there will be a series of panelists who have valuable insight on the benefits and consequences of hook up culture as well. Panelists include: Prof. Lisa Wade, professor of Sociology at Occidental; Jess Butler, a doctoral student at USC studying the relationship between college hook-up culture and post-feminist culture; LaDawn Best, a Client Advocate at the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center; and Jenny Heetderks, a counselor and Assistant Director of Counseling Services at Oxy's Emmons Health Center. READ MORE

What's your favorite part about spring semester?

By

Rachel West '15

By Kristin Feinberg
December 18, 2012 - 2:45pm

READ MORE

Studying Abroad: How to Finish Up a Semester

By Madi Tsuji
December 15, 2012 - 11:34pm

READ MORE

Alex LaRosa '14

By Daphne Auza
December 12, 2012 - 3:25pm

Meet this week's Campus Celebrity, Alexandra LaRosa '14! You may have seen Alex organizing social awareness events on/off campus, or encouraging women to love their bodies no matter what other people tell them (or maybe even both!). Name: Alex LaRosa Year: Junior Hometown: Simi Valley, CA Major: Critical Theory & Social Justice What activities are you involved in on-campus? READ MORE

Finals Style!

By Amber Thai
December 12, 2012 - 2:34am

Meet Garrett! For Finals Week, he's keeping comfortable by wearing cutoff jeans, a simple white tee, and one of his favorite pairs of sneakers. It's hard to think of other things besides exams and papers during finals so it's easier to keep your outfits simple by turning to staples in your closet. READ MORE

Procrastinating with Kristin Feinberg (and Puppies)

By Kristin Feinberg
December 11, 2012 - 3:45pm

READ MORE

Style Spotlight: Jessica Madarang

By Jessica Robson
December 8, 2012 - 9:10pm

This week's Style Spotlight is on Jessica Madarang, who paired knee high boots with a cute lacey top! READ MORE