Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oxy Archives

Juan Daniel Calzadillas-Rodriguez '16

By Sarah Schmitz
February 2, 2013 - 3:45pm

Name: Juan Daniel Calzadillas-Rodriguez
Year: First Year
Hometown: Vail, Colorado
Major: DWA with a minor in Economics
Relationship Status: Single
  Campus activities/interests? Telefund, Arabic Club, reading, photography How does it feel to be nominated? I am honored. I want to thank my parents, and everyone who believed in me... Favorite thing about Oxy? That it’s in LA. Los Angeles is very different from the small town I grew up in. READ MORE

Perfect Layering: Sarah Hyun

By Serina Lawal
February 2, 2013 - 3:30pm

Even though it's warming up here in Los Angeles it's still winter (kind of)! Proper layering is essential to staying warm during the cold morning and evening hours, and staying cool during the warm days. Sarah Hyun does a great job here with by layering a cute denim romper, tights, and boots with a jacket and scarf.  READ MORE

Super Bowl XLVII: The Collegiette Cheat Sheet

By Madi Tsuji
January 30, 2013 - 11:31pm

READ MORE

By Madi Tsuji
January 30, 2013 - 11:30pm

Are you that guy or girl every year that sits down to watch the Super Bowl with family or friends and has no idea what’s happening on the screen? It can get pretty exhausting, looking around to check that other people are cheering or trying to follow the storylines of the teams that are playing this year. This year’s NFL season was particularly exciting and it will culminate in the most dramatic Super Bowl showdown I’ve seen in recent years, so your viewing experience will be much more fun if you know a little about the game! Her Campus Occidental has got your back—read on for everything you need to know about Super Bowl XLVII (47). READ MORE

LA Music Scene: February Concerts

By Maddie Caldemeyer
January 30, 2013 - 12:47am

The start of another semester can mean several things to college students. Many of us have come back to campus with a clean slate and infinite ideas on how we’re planning to scuff it up. I’ve come back energized and enthusiastic, promising myself that I am going to take advantage of everything that L.A. has to offer. Los Angeles boasts one of the biggest and best music scenes throughout the world, and the first step in counteracting missed opportunities is to become informed. For those of you with similar goals, I’ve complied a list of incredible shows occurring in the L.A. area throughout the first half of February. READ MORE

Ten Places to Meet a Cutie in Time for Valentine’s Day

By Madi Tsuji
January 25, 2013 - 8:55pm

READ MORE

Hooking Up at Oxy - Lecture and Panel

By Jessica Robson
January 25, 2013 - 1:18am

Want to learn more about the hook up culture here at Oxy? Join Project S.A.F.E. in learning more about the facts of Prof. Lisa Wade's research on Oxy's Hook Up Culture.  Following the lecture there will be a series of panelists who have valuable insight on the benefits and consequences of hook up culture as well. Panelists include: Prof. Lisa Wade, professor of Sociology at Occidental; Jess Butler, a doctoral student at USC studying the relationship between college hook-up culture and post-feminist culture; LaDawn Best, a Client Advocate at the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center; and Jenny Heetderks, a counselor and Assistant Director of Counseling Services at Oxy's Emmons Health Center. READ MORE

What's your favorite part about spring semester?

By

Rachel West '15

By Kristin Feinberg
December 18, 2012 - 2:45pm

READ MORE

Studying Abroad: How to Finish Up a Semester

By Madi Tsuji
December 15, 2012 - 11:34pm

READ MORE