What Better Time for a Cross Country Road Trip Than College!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

For those of us that love to travel and explore a calling for adventure runs through our blood. It can be nostalgic to think back to childhood when we could travel the world and to the moon and back from the comfort of our parents’ living room couches. But now that we are in college, we have a new freedom, a freedom that gives us time and so many opportunities to branch out. 

The numerous colleges breaks are all perfect opportunities to explore the world and learn more about it and yourself. Maybe you want to visit another country and go somewhere people speak an entirely different language. There is also the opportunity to learn more about the U.S. Let’s face it, the U.S. is huge. There are so many places and people to see and to get to know!

Not to mention, travelling out of country can be expensive. While still coming at a cost a cross country road trip starting from your home can go much longer for the same price or less as flying to Europe for a week, especially if you work a few extra jobs before the middle of summer and get some friends to join and pitch in. If you own a tent all the better! Plan a route that involves camping out and enjoy the stars.

Want to travel from the East Coast to the West Coast or vice versa? Grab a friend, or two, or however many your ride can fit and get planning. Summer is coming up faster than you think! Make sure to bring a camera with you and a device with plenty of storage space to download all of the wonderful photos you and your friends will take to cherish your amazing memories forever!

Darya Farrokhi

Oxford Emory

Darya is currently a sophomore at Oxford College of Emory University. In her spare time, she likes to run, mountain bike, paint, and read books. Her current intended major is Biology. She has a passion for exploring the outdoors and hopes to share that with others.
Jordan Chapman

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman is a visual art and international studies major with a French minor at Emory University. As a second year student, she's incredibly busy, but when you add jetsetting and writing a blog (in addition to a Youtube channel), her life is more busy than you may think. When she isn't watching Stranger Things or writing blog posts, she's in class or sending emails, with the dream of being the next big editor or fashion blogger. As a future London expat and wanderlust victim, she visits the land across the pond quite frequently along with many other places in Europe frequently, just hoping that life will take her somewhere fun and exciting.