This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Its known to pretty much everyone that Covington does not have a lot to eat, and even less late at night. Studying for hours on end, I sometimes check my clock and see that is very late into the a.m. and need to eat these are some of the best places to go!

Waffle House

• The restaurant equivalent to a college student. Rushed, quick, cheap, easy and always available. Going to Waffle House is always a trip and always enjoyable. My favorites are to get smother hash browns with hot sauce and the hot chocolate. I genuinely think the WaHo Hot Chocolate is some of the best in the world. Their waffles are also really good too! Most WaHo are open 24/7 so you can always get to one if you are ever in need of a fix.

Wendy’s

• Wendy’s is open until 1 and has a variety of food available. Being a fast food option, Wendy’s is cheap and fast. A Frosty tastes good at any hour! The Spicy Chicken Snack Wrap is the best thing on the menu too

Kroger

• A bit unconventional, but the local Kroger is open 24hrs and are good for chips and sodas. If you are super hungry you can always get a microwave meal too. I like to get midnight cookie dough and make cookies or get popsicles.

Checkers

• Really good options and drive through friendly. Tons of different options and sandwiches 

Sonic

• Half Price milkshakes after 8pm and they’re open until 1am? Did I mention you don’t even need to move your foot on the pedal, you can just stay in the car? Need I say more?

Honorable Mentions 

These places are great too but they close early

Bangcock Grill

• Its everything I am looking for in a sit down restaurant. Cheap, quick, and delicious. I make it a point to order the thai iced tea, its delicious and served in a beer mug. Every time I go here I get something different and it is all great!

Scoops

• Good atmosphere even better ice cream

Photos from Pexels

Dominiki Kurz

Oxford Emory

American from London living in Georgia 
Jordan Chapman

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman is a visual art and international studies major with a French minor at Emory University. As a second year student, she's incredibly busy, but when you add jetsetting and writing a blog (in addition to a Youtube channel), her life is more busy than you may think. When she isn't watching Stranger Things or writing blog posts, she's in class or sending emails, with the dream of being the next big editor or fashion blogger. As a future London expat and wanderlust victim, she visits the land across the pond quite frequently along with many other places in Europe frequently, just hoping that life will take her somewhere fun and exciting.