Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Greatest Money-Saving Hacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Saving money in college isn’t easy. We all want to save money, but what happens if you don’t know how to? Well I’ve got 5 money saving hacks just to make your life a little easier!

1.Share an amazon prime account with friends or family. Its $50 a year for students (or $0 a year if you sign up for the free trial every six months with a different email address). That’s a pretty good price for getting everything shipped to you for free. The included video streaming service also functions as a practical alternative to Netflix if that’s weighing down on your wallet.

2. Buy what you love in bulk. Amazon prime, Sam’s Club, Costco. Love Skinny Pop? Buy 36 bags at a time and you’ll spend half as much.

3. Grocery shop smart. Do your grocery shopping at Kroger. Publix and Target may be more aesthetically pleasing, but you will see that cost reflected in the receipt. Make a list before you go to make sure you only get exactly what you need. And try to take what you can from the dining hall to stretch your food-making abilities.

4. Make dinner with your friends instead of going out to a restaurant. Not only does it make you feel like an accomplished adult, you save a lot of money by cooking a homemade meal than spending $10+ on dinner plus tip each. 

5. Carpool! Take one car and have everyone pitch in for gas. Or get as many people as you can in an uber to make your fee as small as you can.

6. Try to sell the stuff you don’t use anymore. Post textbooks, mini-fridges, and other essentials in the Facebook group. Sell clothes online or through an app like thredUp.

All images Sourced from Pexels

Sydney Sumrall

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman is a visual art and international studies major with a French minor at Emory University. As a second year student, she's incredibly busy, but when you add jetsetting and writing a blog (in addition to a Youtube channel), her life is more busy than you may think. When she isn't watching Stranger Things or writing blog posts, she's in class or sending emails, with the dream of being the next big editor or fashion blogger. As a future London expat and wanderlust victim, she visits the land across the pond quite frequently along with many other places in Europe frequently, just hoping that life will take her somewhere fun and exciting.