Get to Know: Guadalupe Castillo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Amazing ladies doing amazing things is what our chapter is always the proudest of, which is why we are so excited to introduce Guadalupe Castillo as one of our Campus Correspondents for next year!

Having graduated from the Thelma R. Salinas STEM Early College High School with a Distinguished Diploma, she came to Oxford in the Fall 2017!

In high school, she was a National Honor Society Tutor for underclassmen and Treasurer, won the Science Fair, became a Texas UIL Calculator and Editorial Writing Competitor, was Editor in Chief of the Timberwolf Times School Newspaper, and participated in the Future Health Occupation Students of American group as a Parliamentarfian. She also interned at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, worked as a Whataburger Cashier, and was a Camp Counselor at a Summer Robotics Camp. 

Through her time at Oxford, she became the Vice President of Oxford QuestBridge Scholars, the Secretary of OLE Oxford, and a writer for Her Campus!

Writing for Her Campus, alongside being the Senior Editor of the Emory chapter, strengthens my creativity and ability to teach others. It spills into my professional life by emphasizing my capabilities to motivate, inspire, and learn from my peers.