Big Words May Lead to a Big Boom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Tensions have been incredibly high between the United States and North Korea. Kim Jong-Un believes that the United States staged a failed assassination attempt against him in May and believes the United States is using counter-terrorism attacks as a veiled attempt to overthrow certain government leaders, such as himself. With these strongly held beliefs, Kim Jong-Un feels like his power and rule is being threatened. As Donald Trump engages in saber rattling with North Korea over Twitter regarding North Korea’s quickly advancing nuclear weapons program, citizens begin to fear for potential nuclear war. Citizens are caught in between this battle of bravado between Kim Jong-Un and Donald Trump. Kim Jong-Un is feeding into President Trump’s saber rattling and with each tweet like a dare, continues to try to prove North Korea’s increasing nuclear missile strength. North Korea proudly claims that they have already succeeded in creating a missile that can potentially carry a warhead to strike major United States cities. North Korea is expected to launch a missile on Wednesday, October 11th.

Student at Emory University, Student Instructor for Poli Sci, Founding Staff Writer for Emory Political Review, Staff Writer for HerCampus
Emily Macdonald

Oxford Emory '18

As a Political Science Major and a French Minor, I have big dreams of making a positive difference in the world. In 2017, I had the incredible honor of being named Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the Oxford College of Emory University alongside Marine Bruno. Although I graduated from Oxford College, I will always have fond memories of my time with Her Campus. Even as I move on to a new phase in my life, I look forward to watching Her Campus at Oxford Emory grow!