This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.
Oxford is hard but never more so during the last couple of weeks before a long break. Here are eight tips to combat stress so you can thrive this final week leading up to Spring Break!

1. Breathe If you’re feeling flustered, close your eyes and take a few long deep breaths!

2. Study Outside Spending more time outdoors has shown to improve concentration levels, increases your vitamin D intake, and will surely make you feel much more optimistic about your ability to achieve in your classes!

3. Take A Walk It’s a great way to clear your head, get some sun, and get some exercise into your life!

4. Get Sweaty Speaking of exercise, if you’re feeling overwhelmed (or frustrated at your professors), take it out at the gym! Working up a sweat is a great way to combat things like stress, anxiety, depression, and insomnia. Exercise also gives you more energy in the long-run, so you’ll be even more prepared to dominate your classes!

5. Take Tea Sometimes you just need to give yourself a reprieve so make a nice steaming hot cup of tea and relax for a little bit!

6. Journal Sometimes when the burdens of life are just a little too heavy, it can help to put them to rest on paper. By writing freely and honestly, you are sure to feel more in control of your life!

7. Stretch Whether you’ve been hunched over a textbook for hours, or if you’ve just come out of a last-minute study session, stretch it out! Stretching releases tensions in your body and will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to tackle your next assignment.

8. Take A Power Nap Don’t forget to give your body the rest it needs (and deserves). If you’re feeling tired, then take a quick nap before cracking the books again.

Good luck!
Emily Macdonald

Oxford Emory '18

As a Political Science Major and a French Minor, I have big dreams of making a positive difference in the world. In 2017, I had the incredible honor of being named Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the Oxford College of Emory University alongside Marine Bruno. Although I graduated from Oxford College, I will always have fond memories of my time with Her Campus. Even as I move on to a new phase in my life, I look forward to watching Her Campus at Oxford Emory grow!