bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Tips to Avoid the OxPlague

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

As we’re all getting back into the groove of things on campus, the infamous OxPlague always takes a solid swing through the student body. Here are 6 tips to avoid getting sick this semester!

1. Wash Your Hands

It seems like a no-brainer but washing your hands with soap and warm water really does help to prevent the spread of germs on campus and will play a huge part in keeping you healthy this semester!

2.              Buy Some Hand Sanitizer

While actual soap and water are always best, you don’t always have access to them. You should invest in an antibacterial hand gel or hand sanitizer to keep in your purse or backpack. I love the line offered by Bath and Body Works!

3.              Stay Hydrated.

Keeping yourself hydrated is just a good idea overall. Every cell, tissue, and organ need water to function so make sure you get your H2O in daily! Having a cute water bottle to keep in your backpack can make it more fun! You can also add water flavoring or fruit slices to spruce it up a little! I love the Swell bottles currently on sale at Target!

4.              Eat the Right Food.

Don’t shy away from the Salad Bar at Lil’s (Big’s?). Keeping your body properly nourished is essential in keeping both your body and mind fit and healthy. So, load up on your veggies, fruits, and lean meats!!

5.              Get Your Beauty Sleep!

I love sleep and sleep loves me right back. Getting a good 8-10 hours of sleep per night reaps dozens of benefits that you’ll only thank yourself for. Oftentimes, as college students with more than our share of responsibilities, we don’t get nearly enough sleep as we should. You need to schedule in time for your body to recover or else you’ll end up being more susceptible to germs around campus!

6.              Don’t Share.

If you know that the OxPlague is going around, then DON’T SHARE! That goes for drinks, food, lip balm, and anything else of the sort. It’s the easiest way to spread germs and to get sick!

Hopefully, these 6 tips will help you survive the OxPlague this season. Stay healthy and good luck this semester!

All images sourced on Pexels 

Emily Macdonald

Oxford Emory '18

As a Political Science Major and a French Minor, I have big dreams of making a positive difference in the world. In 2017, I had the incredible honor of being named Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the Oxford College of Emory University alongside Marine Bruno. Although I graduated from Oxford College, I will always have fond memories of my time with Her Campus. Even as I move on to a new phase in my life, I look forward to watching Her Campus at Oxford Emory grow!