5 Things You Need on Your Resume

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

1. Personal Information

Make sure you write your full name, address, telephone number, and email address. If you send your resume in or you give it to them during an interview, it’ll give them your contact information in case they have further questions or if they need to let you know whether or not you got the position!

2. Work Experience

It doesn’t matter if you’ve only had unpaid internships or menial jobs here and there. Writing down your previous work experiences, when you worked, and what you did will let them know that you know what it’s like to work hard and that you will be a good employee. If you’ve asked for permission from your previous employers or coworkers, go ahead and write their names, along with their contact information, on a separate piece of paper as references. This will allow your future employer to check and see that you were a good, hard-working employee.

• career
  • education
  • experience
  • internships
  • interview
  • resume
  • work
  • Writing for Her Campus, alongside being the Senior Editor of the Emory chapter, strengthens my creativity and ability to teach others. It spills into my professional life by emphasizing my capabilities to motivate, inspire, and learn from my peers.