Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why You Shouldn’t Take Fashion Cues From Arrested Development

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Our fashion sense is influenced by our favorite singers (definitely Rihanna), celebrities (I mean come on … Emma Watson and David Beckham) and shows. But there are just some people we can’t take fashion cues from no matter how much we love them.

The show Arrested Development centers around a wealthy family but even with the amount of money they have, they never seem to hit the fashion target.

I mean do I really need to explain why this is not OK on so many levels? Portia de Rossi, who plays Lindsey Bluth, rocks this adorable cute leather jacket and red lipstick, though. Hey, we need to find the positives in everything right?

Fur is a great staple piece that can glamorize any outfit. It’s currently on trend for the Fall of 2015 on runways and can be found in the collections of Jason Wu and Michael Kors. But did Lucille Bluth, the delusional mother on the show, need to keep the poor animal’s legs attached? The answer is no.

The Bluth women are trying to make OUT THERE fashion statements, but they really aren’t working and I hope everyone is taking note of that. It’s probably not a good idea to use the characters from this show as a way to gain fashion knowledge or to try and emulate their style. It would really be best if we saw less “SLUT” shirts and fur scarves where we can easily distinguish the animal it came from.

I'm known as kind of being a hippy who loves to meditate, do yoga, and listen to music. I'm always up for an adventure and am interested in living creatively, working for a bigger purpose, and continuing my adventures around the world!
Kari is currently a second semester junior at Oswego State majoring in both Journalism and Global International Studies. She's a big city girl who was born in a small town. When not studying for her classes or obsessing over Her Campus, she can be found splurging on nail polish, watching documentaries, reading magazines, crafting, drinking chai tea, or gushing about animals.